Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Strangest coincidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangest coincidence?

Couldnt resist it folks, Talk Sport did this the other day and there were some amazing stories being sent in.

Just wondered if any of you had been anywhere or done anything and was amazed at what a coincidence it was? doesnt have to be anything to do with fishin.

Anything goes - girls, fishin, holidays......................
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I'll kick off, i worked as a site manager on a shop refit once in London and shared a service yard with other stores. We regularly had fall outs regarding whos space was whos etc however there was one guy who was a store manager of the Wickes store who we fell out with that often, it almost came to blows on more than one occasion. I was so glad to get away from there.

A year or so on, we tendered and won a job on the other side of London refitting a Wickes store.

I attended the store for a pre start meeting where i was introduced to the store manager, and yes youve guessed it, i put my hand out to introduce myself and imagine my horror when the same guy from the previous site that we had all the trouble with turned to face me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

In the early eighties i once drew the same peg twice in a row on a 250 pegger on the Leeds Liverpool canal.
      On my right was Kevin Ashurst for both matches also on the same peg and yes i got battered twice, the battering not being a coincidence by the way.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Wow, thats spooky, i love stuff like that!

Comment

A mate and I bought a charity raffle ticket each, and agreed to share any prizes,when i got home i told the wife im off to Amsterdam for a weekend with Dean,when ? says she,dont know we havent won it yet,back at work on Monday first person i meet is Dean doing his best double thumbs up Fonzie immpresion,after winning first prize he got called on stage to pick second pize( a case of wine,,and yes youve guessed it,,, my ticket comes out.the trip ended up being changed to Paris but what a weekend,and yes we had drunk the wine by the time we got to Paris.
          hurricane
          Administrator
          Last edited by hurricane; 30 October 2010, 05:07 PM. Reason: typo
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Brilliant Hurricane

Comment

i was at working about 8 weeks ago and we had some contractors in i was on my break and reading advanced pole fishing magazine and was skipping through the hundreds of adverts and one of the contractors stopped me and said what do you think of that and pointed to an advert for an automatic pole rest.

as a matchmen i told him it wasnt my bag and that a gimmick that i didnt think would take off!!

at which point he said im on dragons den with that this week, not sure if he was joking or not but still felt like a wally for opening big gob without thinking, sure enough he was on dragons den and dint get funding, i still feel like a wally about it now!!!
              [COLOR="Green"]Cats and Dogs Netbuster baits[/COLOR]

[url]http://www.catsanddogs-netbusterbaits.co.uk/[/url]

[B][COLOR="red"]DO IT SHALLA!!!![/COLOR][/B]

Comment

I was on holiday in the Dominican Republic a few years ago where me and my missus made friends with a couple who were on their honeymoon.
                We all went out on a snorkelling excursion this one day where you go offshore for about a mile on a boat and swim with all of these brilliantly coloured fish.
                Anyway, whilst we were doing this, the newlywed bride managed to lose her wedding ring whilst swimming amongst these fish and she was absolutely inconsoleable about it.
                We stayed in the spot for about an hour longer than planned looking for this ring but couldnt find it, it was a sandy bottom and you can imagine what it was like after everyone had been down to the bottom and disturbed it, so we gave up and went back to the hotel with the young girl still in tears.

Two days later an English holiday maker turned up at our hotel poolside asking if anyone knew the young girl who had lost her wedding ring, and at the time, we were sunbathing with them and she was next to me reading a book. We wondered why he wanted to know, and imagine the girls surprise when the bloke explained that he had been on the same trip the day after us and they were told about the incident with the lost ring, and yes youve guessed it, despite going offshore for around a mile, diving down around 10 feet deep in an area of sea with a sandy bottom that had become really disturbed, he had found the lost wedding ring!

How mad is that???????????????????

Comment

About ten years ago,i was working for a "mickey mouse" frozen food co, but it was a doddle and the hours suited, i was approached by a big food retailer with the offer of a position in a new venture they were starting,I was not impressed by the hours or some of the terms and condition,but it was agreed i could think it over and thier representative would phone me on Friday for an answer,Friday arrived and no phone call,I had made my mind up that i would decline the offer.An hour after opening on the Saturday half a dozen people arrived informing me that they were the recievers,the doors were locked and chaos ensued,15 mins later i answered the phone.. Sorry i couldn"t get in touch yesterday,big problems,but from our previous meetings Im not expecting a positive reply,,,, the recievers could not believe how helpfull a man who had just lost his livelihood was being,thank God he didn"t phone on Friday.
                  Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

the ones that mess with my mind are when my dreams actually happen, still no scarlett johansson and i've yet to get arrested for running naked down the high street singin the theme from only fools. shame it's only the more mundane ones that happen.
                    i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

Lol i used to go out with a girl when i was 14 who i thought was the only girl i wanted for my whole life [as you do] anyway we fell out and i never saw her for almost 30 years ! i was at blackpool in a bar and my mate taps me on the shoulder and says "get these 2 girls a drink" turned around and passed the drinks and they said thanks looked at the blond ,i said is that all you can say after all these years ,she said my name is Ann i come from Leeds ,i said no its Carol and you come from Notts ,she was spitting image as Carol used to look? would look now?
                      Well needless to say the lads really took the mickey for the rest of the weekend.
                      2 years later same time, same weekend ,same bar , a girl comes up taps ME on the shoulder ,i say hello and she says "is that all you can say after all these years"
                      Yeah it was Carol .................................................. .....ooohh did'nt i have a good weekend LOL

Comment

No way!

Comment

Come on lads, i thought this would do better than this?

Comment

In 1999 I won the Guiness Classic fishing festival, I was third going into the last day out of 400 anglers..... in the draw que I got asked what peg I wanted by at least 10 people and I kept saying 'Airport 9'. When I got to the bag there were alot of people interested to see what I would draw out ....... AIRPORT 9 !!!! At that point I just shouted "Get In My Son" - which put the pressure on to do the business!
                            Simon Young
                            Admin
                            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Nice one Oneabung

Comment

Working...
                              X