Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

p.s 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p.s 3

i love my p.s 3 its all hd the game play is really good, films r an enjoy 2 watch. the only thing that puts this down is the internet, it works ok and you can do alot but theres quite alot of links and things that u carnt click on. does any1 else finds this?
    Canal fishing. [url]http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/groups/canal_fishing.html[/url] Click here to join :D

the browser on the ps3 blows big style, nowt you can do now theyve stopped you changing the o.s., basically it can't cope with java script, just check the argos site for proof.
    i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

The bbc iplayer plug-in for the ps3 works perfectly. It's just a shame you can't get 4OD,etc.

IAs far as catch up TV goes, I read that if you look on youtube via PS3, you can see lots of catch up stuff through youtube channels. I struglled at the time as my wireless to PS3 was a bit crud, but I have moved my router nearer now, will have another bash.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

some things it's fine on ( strangely it loves its adult content) but on others, like argos it just struggles and ends up overlapping everything. as you say though luke, the iplayer works superbly.

Comment

You should leave the consoles for gaming and get a PC at least when they don't work right you can sit and pull your hair out until you can sort it LOL.

Comment

Iphone4 is my new gadget, what a bit of kit. Annoying people on here from a traffic jam on the M6 is paradise found
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

i do tend to just use the consoles for gaming ( and bluray in the ps3s case) but as my pc is dog slow it's better for me to check things quickly via the ps3.

Comment

It all depends how high your geek threshold is:

How to Turn Your PlayStation 3 Into a Linux PC - Popular Mechanics
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Ive crossed over and bought a PS3 but Im having problems all the time with it on line. Set it up wireless via the router but the damn think kept dropping connection. Set it up wired because a friend of mine said wireless sucks big time but Im still dropping connection all the time. Been playing Black ops but when I try to link up to the PC it still does the same. Im on virgin 10meg, any ideas?

Comment

I'm surprised you are still struggling with a wired network to PS3. My wireless is crap, even to the point when it needed to update for black ops I brought the router downstairs and it sailed through the update.

what cable are you using between PS3 and router? crossover or straight? shop bought or DIY?
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

i dont get any connection problems and i use wireless but im on sky maybe that has something to do with ur probs. my wife goes mad every time i go on the playstation network because she carnt use the internet on her laptop. not my fault i love playing the bowling or pool is it. i do however pay the sky bill each month.

frisky fish m8 an idea 4 u. do u know any1 on sky so u could take ur ps3 2 and try and connect useing that. it might b a case of your actual line speed of the internet. they tend 2 b low than what is advertised.
                      av u tryed resetting ur internet from the xmb menu and av u checked that u connected 2 ur router? soft i know but i can pick up 20 from my street alone and not all ov them r locked
                      stick wiv it m8 the ps3 is a great computer, im sure u will get things sorted soon and u will c how good it really is.
                      wat giga bite u got? mine is 320gb.
                      p.s im spida80, if you ever go in the playstation network come and say hello if u c me there.
                      Canal fishing. [url]http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/groups/canal_fishing.html[/url] Click here to join :D

Comment

Ive bought a cat5e Ethernet cable j45, dont know about straight or crossover? I down loaded the up date no problem and started off no problem on line. The longer Im on for the worse it gets until I cant get on at all. I reboot and some times it works some times it doesnt. Ive got the 320gb brand new a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

I don't know if there I a maxim cache sike for the ps3, but you could try looking in settings and wiping all browsing history, cookies etc.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Cheers will try that, Ive just had to come of it before it got thrown in the pond. One thing Ive noticed is hot hot it gets. Is this normal? and would it help if I stood it on its end to help the heat escape? At the moment its on a wood shelf under a tv unit

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
                              Cheers will try that, Ive just had to come of it before it got thrown in the pond. One thing Ive noticed is hot hot it gets. Is this normal? and would it help if I stood it on its end to help the heat escape? At the moment its on a wood shelf under a tv unit
                              hiya m8 just felt around my ps3 and its barely warm, its been on since 10.30 this morning. mine is lying flat under the t.v. maybe take it back 2 where u got it from so they could check it over as its still under warranty, maybe theres a dodgy part inside that is all so messing up wiv ur internet connection. u do need to clear all cookies ect regularly including the predictive texts entries. this 1 needs 2 b done through the system setting on the xmb, its not available when u press the green triangle, then tools as u would 2 clear the cookies ect.
                              hope this helps m8
                              Last edited by spida fish; 30 November 2010, 10:45 PM. Reason: missed a word, sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X