Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

anyone been on the road today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone been on the road today?

evening all! have any of you been brave enough to venture out on the roads today? it's ridiculous out there! like an icerink! i was supposed to be driving up to liverpool today,but only got as far as the m25,and had no choice but to turn back-the car was sliding around like a sledge and i could see probably 10-15 yds in front of me. it took me 15 minutes to get the car up the driveway,which is 12 foot long!!i really miss my range rover!! tucked up nice and warm now,though,thank god! how have you been getting on,chaps?
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

An intrepid adventure to the co-op this morning to do a bit of panic buying ( beer ) was as far as I got. Been on my harris playing the PS3 since then !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Done a normally 30 minute journey in 2 1/2 hours dropping off supplies for my 2 nan inlaws.

Comment

Originally posted by maverboy View Post
        Done a normally 30 minute journey in 2 1/2 hours dropping off supplies for my 2 nan inlaws.
        and they say gentlemen don't exist? good for you,mate.
        beer and ps3,luke? sounds ideal! not gt5 by any chance?
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

No, I tried the prologue and couldn't really get into it. I have been into shooters recently, and at the moment am trying a bit of openworld type action in red dead redemption. Only just started it really, but I believe it's like grand theft auto without rap music.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

had firms xmas party in tunbridge wells last night and of course it got well messy,went out to the car this morning(minus 7)spent 45 mins trying to get in the wrong car,then took 2 hours to get to hastings,loads of dumped cars by the road(a21),horrible.
            OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
              had firms xmas party in tunbridge wells last night and of course it got well messy,went out to the car this morning(minus 7)spent 45 mins trying to get in the wrong car,then took 2 hours to get to hastings,loads of dumped cars by the road(a21),horrible.
              YouTube - Cleaning Snow Off The Wrong Car

Familiar?

Comment

stevenage was ok the snow came down about one oclock stopped about hour ago it must be 6-8 inches deep,its going to be hard work the next couple of days happy xmas lads

Comment

Originally posted by maverboy View Post
                  Thats me
                  OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

The nuts! I love opposite lock brilliant, I was brought up on sidecar outfits in the 70's just love that how far before it goes feeling, the traction light on my Mundaino was on nearly all the time, but what the heck my kids think I'm bonkers. It was funny how most of the pillocks that had hit the kerb, or looked like they had pooed themselves, didnt look like me. If you get my DRIFT.
                    If you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to seem a whole lot longer than you'd like.:D:D:p

Comment

Took my youngest into Liverpool to see a bloody santa show at the Philharmonic, what a palava, he broke his ankle 3 days ago and it was like a nightmare with him on crutches.
                      Back home now though and enjoying a nice pinot grigio in front of the fire.
                      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Ah poor lad what a bummer breaking your ankle so close to xmas, hope you've got him some extra pressys to make up for it, Spadge.
                        If you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to seem a whole lot longer than you'd like.:D:D:p

Comment

Anyone notice any grit lorries about?

Comment

Originally posted by cornerstone View Post
                            Anyone notice any grit lorries about?
                            not 1 in birmingham,i think we was 1 of the hardest hit by the snow and did i not see 1 grit lorry about,why do we bother paying the goverment?

Comment

Originally posted by wotnot View Post
                              Ah poor lad what a bummer breaking your ankle so close to xmas, hope you've got him some extra pressys to make up for it, Spadge.
                              Poor lad ! He's loving it mate, sitting on the couch shouting his orders as everyone runs round after him. It's like living with the queen of sheba, his mother won't let anyone tell him off and he keeps walloping his bro's with his crutches cos he knows they can't hit him back.
                              There will be major payback when the plaster comes off.
                              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X