Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Bank Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Charges

Anybody who has ever had any bank charges on their account in the last 6 years must write this following letter to their bank - I sent this letter off to my bank last Wednesday and got a letter on Saturday morning offering me a full refund of all my bank charges going back six years! Paid for my holiday and then some...

Apparently bank charges are illegal - this is not a joke, its because they are excessive - they are unable to justify £25 - £30 for it because it doesnt actually cost them anything - you may have heard about it on the TV - well the banks are hoping that this will die down and fizzle out with no publicity - well just get everyone you know to send of the letter below.

Your Name and Address Here

The Manager
    XXX Bank Name
    and Address

12th September 2006

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: account numbers: XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX

I understand that the charges applied to my accounts in relation to excess overdraft fees and interest are unlawful.

When I opened my account I entered into a contract with you, at which time you agreed to act lawfully. The fees you have been applying to my account in relation to the above are unlawful under Common Law, Statute and consumer regulations.

I estimate you have taken in excess of £XXXX from me over the time I have had my account with your bank, therefore please provide me a letter showing a comprehensive list of all charges and interest you have applied to my accounts from your computer records and archives (since each account was opened) - showing what the offence was, the date and the amount, I understand on certain occasions you have refunded charges to my account so please include a list of these also so I may calculate the correct net total of unlawful fees applied to my account. As is my right under the data protection act you are obliged to provide me this information by law. I also ask you to ensure any default notices entered against my credit record are removed entirely.

Obviously should you wish to avoid this claim progressing any further I invite you to immediately repay all charges to me and remove any default notices within 14 days. If this is not done, I expect to receive your comprehensive listing of charges as is my right.

Yours sincerely,

YOUR NAME
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Nice one Simon! I closed my business account (only work for myself part time now) and I let business receipts /payments pass through my personal current account (free). Should be interesting dealing with a HMRC audit!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Working...
    X