Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anniversary

It's six years ago today I had my kidney transplant still amazed and grateful to all Surgeons, Doctors & Nurses at the Norther General Hostpital Sheffield.

Gary
    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Well done Jethro, but you missed one off mate thats the donor without whom it would not have been possible.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

did you know they can grow organs such as the kidney in rats and other animals its crazy.
      [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
      Guess who is back...
      [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
      [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Wasn't a live donor so honestly don't know what to say or who to say it to. A lot of people have given their consent for organs to be used, rather than upset anyone by saying something that might come out wrong thought better to say nothing.

Gary

Comment

Sorry Gary if you thought I was being pedantic (my words not yours), as I know only too well that the donor may not have been alive as I suddenly lost a daughter whose vital organs we donated as we believed she did have a donor card, but at least we can draw some small comfort that others now have a better quality of life as a result.
          Yes it does hurt every time you read or hear of people with a similar complaint, but every day has some pain.

Comment

That is amazing to hear your success story Jethro, personally I hope that the government brings in this proposed law that everyone is opted in automatically as a donor unless they specify otherwise.
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Sorry to hear about your daughter Brian, sat hear now not knowing what to say without sounding insensitive or mercenary. Don't think I'm not grateful of course I am I just don't believe anything I could say would be appropriate, the thing that makes me uncomfortable I'm sure is that someone had to die for me to live a little longer. I hope that my stumbling attempt to justify my reasons for not mentioning my donor hasn't upset you but thats my fear.

Comment

No not upset mate honestly, it maybe that your post was at the wrong time for me as it came a few days after what would have been Jo's birthday.
                I can fully appreciate what you say about not knowing what to say, we did have a nice letter from one of the recipients, but never knew how to reply, so it works both ways, we do from time to time get reports of how the recipients are doing and whilst one was a failure and another died some time later but not related to his transplant, there are two success stories in that the 3 year old girl who received a kidney has a now near normal life, and the 32 year old man who received our Jos heart and lungs was looking for empoyment after a long time not working. In some strange way this has maybe helped in talking about it.

Comment

Relieved my words didn't cause distress Brian. It astounds me that whilst suffering so much grief that people such as yourself can show so much compassion to allow organs to be donated you don't know. A lot of people me included owe you all undying gratitude
                  THANkS Gary

Comment

Working...
                  X