Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Golf... A swear word? Or does anyone play..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf... A swear word? Or does anyone play..

With the Ryder Cup on this weekend in Dublin just thought I would ask the Golf question...

Do any of you guys on here play golf? In my experience us anglers are very much like proffessional footballers - in that we have our main sport and Golf as a secondary sport!

I have managed to get my handicap down to 9 this year... too much time on the golf course and too little on the river bank!

So anyone else hit the little ball or is golf a swear word in your language?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

A waste of a good walk

Watch it on telly if nowt else is on, never understood the appeal myself.
    [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I tried it once, lost 5 balls and broke a stick

Comment

Oh so there is no chance of organising the "Talk Angling golf day" then!
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Lol I Agree Its A Waste Of A Walk I Mean Its Good On The Telly But Sod That Walking For 3hrs Or More Hitting A Little Ball Then If Like Me Ya Can't Find It Again Anyway.lol Well Done Tho To The Europeans For Winning Again
          Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain' !!

Comment

I did try it once many years ago, trouble was it conflicted with both fishing and drinking been on few golfing days at Patshull Park as a non golfer,that did not cause any problems in the drinking stakes , mind you stalking the banks at 5 in the morning whilst under the influence was a bit of a laugh. Did not get to fish as it was in the days of the old close season and in my sebatical from fishing years. So I was left with just the drinking

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Paulscatt
              A waste of a good walk

Watch it on telly if nowt else is on, never understood the appeal myself.
              s'FUNNY, I've never heard them appeal in Golf, I thought that was cricket !!
              PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

I often thought about giving it a go but I went out with a bucket of balls on a driving range with an angling mate, I expect 10% might have hit the fairway between 30 and 70 yards down or at least the rough 30 yards either side , another 70% either hooked, sliced, pulled, topped, (or whatever the correct words are) into some parallell universe, never to be seen again. About 20% failed to reach the edge of the mat though . I guess it was then I decided not to bother
                PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

Something I've never done, but always wanted to. I see it to be similar to fishing, in as much as you really need to be able to go with someone to try it.

A couple of the other managers play though, so I'll be giving it a go as soon as I pick up a set of clubs.

Dave's Top Tip:
                  Go to Sports/soccer World if you need any golf kit at the moment, as pretty much all golf paraphenalia is in the 70% off sale!

My mate just got full set of dunlop clubs, shoes, brolley, bag, balls, trousers and a visor for less than 200 quid!!!

Now he's just got to buy a heinous chequered tank top to fit in....
                  [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Used to play a bit of pitch and putt (very badly) and had an odd session down at the driving range and on a few local courses but it seems to be a game where you have to put in a hell of a lot of time and repetition to become competent. I couldn't hit the ball the same way in consecutive swings and would have needed some serious coaching to get some consistency in my swing.

However, love to watch the game and both Faldo and Monty are big favourites of mine. Absolutely gutted when Monty missed out on winning a major yet again. I fear that was his last chance.

Comment

never played the game
                      [B][COLOR="Red"]Be happy, go fishing[/COLOR][/B] :)

Comment

Working...
                      X