Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

renault megane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renault megane

HELP"""" HAS ANYONE GOT A NEW TYPE MEGANE THE ONE THAT SHAKES ITS ASS,I HAVE AND ITS GIVING ME A BLOODY HEADACHE,THE PROBLEM YOU ASK? HOW THE HELL DO YOU CHANGE THE HEADLAMP BULB IVE LOOKED IN THE BOOK AND IT SHOWS A PANEL TO TAKE OFF IN WHEEL ARCH,YES ME THINKS I CAN DO THAT,SIMPLE TAKE PANEL OFF PUT HAND IN HOLE HEY PRESTO,,,,,I DONT BLOODY THINK SO..YOU NEED TO HAVE GOGO GADGET ARMS CONTACTED MY FRIENDLY RENAULT DEALER WHO KINDLY POINTED OUT THAT IT WAS A COMMON PROBLEM ON THE SCEINIC ALSO AND IF I WOULD LIKE TO POP IN THEY WOULD DO IT FOR A SMALL CHARGE £35.00 I PUT THE PHONE DOWN AT THE POINT AND WENT INTO JOHN CLEESE MODE WHEN HE BATTERED HIS HILLMAN WITK A BUSH....AS YOU CAN SEE THE ONLY THING IM SHAKEING IS MY HEAD.....HELP ME PLEASE""""

cost a mate 40 quid to get his headlight bulb changed on his ford focus st.i was a car mec a fair few years ago and have a 2005 megane,it wasnt easy changing indicator bulbs so i can see headlights being a pig,could be right but mine havnt gone yet

Comment

Try Halfords to supply and fit!!
      John - Kingfisher
      Talk Angling Senior Member
      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

It tells you how in your drivers handbook under routine maintenance

Comment

hope its not like laguna mate, bumper off job £50 plus vat, expensive bulb that!

Comment

Dude, it is a fault on renaults design, don't go to a renault dealer because you will pay through the nose ( they do have to take the bumper off), Don't go to Motorsave ( robbing gits). Take Kingfishers advise, and go to Halfords. No-body has hands that small or that long, except maybe ET.
            :cool:

Comment

Dude, it is a fault on renaults design,

It ain't a fault mate, its done on purpose so they can get there grubby hands in your pockets

Comment

Megane headlights

Take it into Halfords when I had my Megane I too was like you took it to Halfords did it for a couple of quid. Less hassle and saves you breaking the headlamp casing. Chap I spoke to said a Jag Owner brought his in and he broken the bulb mount £300 later it becomes an expensive bulb.

Comment

Cheers Eveyone For Replys,i Decided To Have Another Go,the Easiest Way Is To Take The Wheel Off So You Can Get Into Wheel Arch Open Your Bonnet So It Gives You A Bit More Light Once You Have Got Wheel Arch Cover Off You Can Get Your Hand In Unsrew The Plastic Cover On Back Off Lamp Unclip The Spring Clip And Connector And The Jobs Sorted,lot Off Hassel But It Means Thats £30 Of My Hard Earnd Muller In My Pocket Instead Off Renaults....just To Note Ive Sent A Letter To Renault Customer Services Asking Why If This Is A Design Problem Or Issue They Are Charging This Type Off Money I Dont Mind Paying For Bulb But Think The Labour Charge Should Be Waiverd...cant Wait For Reply...

Comment

I work in the automotive trade looking after nearly every contract you can think of and have supplied parts to every vehicle maker in europe and this has been a big problem with new cars for some time. The garages have been taking all the big manufacturers for a ride as every time you take your car for a service during the 3 year warranty they say it needs a bulb and the car makers have to pick up the costs.

I had until very recently the Hella lighting contract on site supplying the lights for Jag cars at castle brom. The dealers were charging Jag £85 everytime a bulb had to be replaced in turn Jag would pass this back to Hella to re-coup some of the money.

Hella realsied this was some sort of con so have invested in making future headlamps which will use LED's, they last a minmum of 10 years and thus stops the greedy little garages chipping into their profits ?

Great for us too as we no longer have to fiddle around to change a bulb
                    here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Working...
                    X