Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Astra Versus 308 sw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra Versus 308 sw

I am in the position of getting a new motability car. Choice Astra Sports Tourer 1.7 SR or SE or a Peugeot 308 SW.
    Both are estates needed to get my tackle in, both diesel, I'm edging to wards the Astra mainly for looks, plus it is actually made over here plus the others French.
    Anyone have or experience of either, your thoughts comments welcomed.
    Many Thanks Mal

astra all day long
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

We were weighing up the Astra the other day, quite a big bus. Have a good look around the tailgate though, if it's anything like the insignia it's pretty dire. The back of mine swings up like the end of a cross channel ferry, don't know why they did it like that, you lose loads of space.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

hi i work for a rental company and drive these cars all day everyday, and own an 11 plate zafira, i would say they are pretty much the same econamy wise etc but for me the better reliability and build quality i'd have to go for the astra definatly

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
          We were weighing up the Astra the other day, quite a big bus. Have a good look around the tailgate though, if it's anything like the insignia it's pretty dire. The back of mine swings up like the end of a cross channel ferry, don't know why they did it like that, you lose loads of space.
          theres nowt wrong with my tailgate Honey,get two complete sets of match gear,seatbox x2 rodbags x 2 etc,quite cavernous really

Comment

Are you Astra or insignia?
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Astra,thought about the insignia,but little too boxy for me,good car though

Comment

insignia isnt good on long distance trips seating positioning terrible, well it is for me anyway, we had a lot of customers who had cars long term returning them for this reason and going for the mondeo instead, now that is a great car,
                have you thought about the grand c max now that beats the astra and the 308 hands down

Comment

Luke just read a review that says the astra is actually bigger in the boot than the Insignia due to the swept around boot.
                  ajg3135 are just getting shut of a focus 59 plate (mobility) put me off fords for a while.
                  Thanks for the replies lads I think my mind was already made on the astra but wanted to be sure.

Comment

Yes, that's the trouble with high performance sportscars like the insignia, they compromised on space. Even less in mine as I had 2 veyron engines fitted in the boot as a special order.

This is why I had to downgrade recently to an octoplus superstool.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Vauxhall and reliable in the same sentence, you have to be joking. I would never buy a Vauxhall ever again. You may be ok if its motability because they will pay for repairs. Get rid when the warranty runs out or you will get your fingers burnt big time. Go German or Japaneze every time or Ford if you have to.

Comment

have u looked at the citroen grand picasso c4? had 3 lots of gear + 3 people in mine - very comfortable + 46mpg round the doors!!

Comment

Working...
                        X