Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Project treehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project treehouse

Summers here, so time for a garden project !

There is an old cheery tree at the bottom of my garden that died, I think the ivy had it. I had it lopped, but got it done so the stump tops were something like level.

Started yesterday, and did some notching to the stump tops to let the frame bear on it, and built a frame

Put some decking on it this evening, now I just need the house bit and some stairs. My nipper is telling everyone with ears about it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

fair play mate, i was going to ask if you had a level, but i see youve got one
    brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

lol they are gonna love u when its done!!!!!! Wauw the adventures that could be had with/in that! Cant wait till i have grand kids....... More pics as it progresses please!!!

Comment

I bet you've got a wind turbine or solar panel lined up for on the roof.
        It's looking good mate.
        If you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to seem a whole lot longer than you'd like.:D:D:p

Comment

I was toying with an elevator made from a 12v winch, powered by a battery charged by solar....

Too much work, and the missus would never allow such potentially dodgy things. So it's stairs, from wood !
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Dont forget to put some stabilizers on it from each corner back to the stump. I would hate to read that your house has topled off the stump because your little girl and 3 of her friends have over balanced it.

Comment

Have sketched the stairs up, needs bracing etc, but will be something like this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Quarter landing 42 degrees pitch max rise 220mm min tread 235mm hand rail min 900mm above nosing line, can you tell Im a joiner?

Comment

LOL...can you tell I'm an electrician?

40 degrees I set the stairs at, rise is 140, tread 167. does that sound OK, she's only 3 1/2.

I tried to copy the proportions of the stairs in my house.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Bit of progress, made the top flight of stairs up this evening.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Stairs up !

The missus is muttering about handrail...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I like it but its still an ongoing project. Plenty of room for improvement, hand rail, self supporting quarter landing ect

Comment

Thats one hell of a bird table youve got there pal.
                          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Made a bit of progress, got the supports done and some handrail up. Seriously eating into my fishing time and tackle budget

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

tell yer what luke,that looks spot on,good work sunshine
                              OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Working...
                              X