Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Old posts coming up as new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old posts coming up as new

has anybody else noticed very old posts coming up as new, for example today a post from Trojan 2000 looking for a Rive Europa which is a very old post that bluemooner has replied to. also one keeps reapearing from mt net regarding draws sticking in an msb John
    John

no,get your medication sorted..
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

The thread by Trojan was only started today at 5-31pm

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Brian,please excuse John,he gets a bit confused

Comment

So the barman says, sorry mate, we don't serve time travellers in here.

A Time traveller walks into a bar...
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

lol

Comment

wish i could get onto things to have a look ,wots gone wrong with this site ????

Comment

i still cannot access most of the site i agree with maver breaker! whats gone wrong ?

Comment

There was an upgrade of the software some ten days ago, this upgrade was brought about when the site was being hacked. since then some members have had difficulty in either getting on the site, or accessing some parts of it. Oneabung was working on it as late as Friday afternoon.
                  Just to allay any fears re the hacking it did not, breach any confidential files that contained members details. Nor were any viruses spread.

Comment

thank you brian,any solution in sight(no pun intended)

Comment

I know I'm getting on & not brilliant with computers, but it happened again this morning. went into tackle reports & threads & read a question on a whisker all terrain from dan jones. displayed at the top of the page threads 1-20 of 4161. hit the back button & it should go back to the index of tackle reports but it doesnt, it go to threads 1-20 of 4142 which includes the question by mt net. is it me or the software. ?
                      John

Comment

Working just fine for me, using the same thread as you looked at it returned to index as expected, the MT Net thread is on page two, you must be returning to an old cached page to get MT Nets thread on page one. Do a clean up of your PC to remove any odd cached pages, CCleaner clears most rubbish. Be aware that it removes stored passwords.

Comment

Thanks Brian will have to live with it as I dont want to lose my passwords.
                          John

Comment

John, you can also clear cache a browsing history via you browser bar, for IE8 Follow this.

In Internet Explorer, click Tools. If you don't see the menu, press Alt on your keyboard to show menus.
                            Select Delete Browsing History.
                            Select the checkbox next to "Temporary Internet Files."
                            Click Delete.
                            It can take several minutes for the cache history to be deleted. Once the files have been deleted, click Okay.

Google Chrome Select the wrench (spanner), tools, clear browsing data.

Passwords are saved, however they are cleared from the memory to log you in each time you visit the site, but this is just a case of starting to retype your log in name, the system will then do the rest.

Comment

Sorted Brian, when I went in it allowed me to delete history on old cached pages now it works fine thanks. Nothing to do with medication Martin. lol
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X