Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Camera batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera batteries

I have just orded a fujifilm bridge camera and it runs on aa batteries. I guess there are quite a few photographers on here so are there any really good rechargable batteries that can cope with the higher demands?
    many thanks
    ed

what size mate ?
    i race nitro remote control cars and use them
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AA-8-x-290...item334efbc1a2
    i have about 20 of them , great batts and i trust them in my cars

Comment

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=108409
      These are the ones I use in both my and my wifes Finepix and have found them to be excellent,take a look on this website,they are brilliant for accesories like batteries,chargers,memory cards and tripods etc.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Eneloop or xx, both Sanyo and a decent smart charger

Comment

Eneloop every time, no loss to charge even after months of not being charged.

Comment

Cheers guys.
            Excsuse my ignorance, but what is a smart charger?

Comment

Smart chargers charge the individual batteries back to full charge rather than just charging all of them for a set time, if you have one battery at 50 per cent, two at 20 and one at 80, it kind of charges them as individuals back to 100 per cent, once one reaches full charge it stops charging that cell but continues bringing the others up. Have a look online they are more expensive but I have always found they extend battery life

Comment

Many thanks!!

Comment

A couple more questions, are the batteries you use 1.2v and have you had any problems with them in not working properly in the camera?
                  Also hurricane, whixh finepix models do you ave.if you dont.mind me asking?
                  Cheers
                  ed

Comment

The only battery problems I"ve come upon with aa/aaa batteries and digi cameras is that some don"t work well/at all with standard batteries.
                    My fuji is the s5000 on the left,had it since new,many years ago,when it cost an arm and a leg.still working perfectly despite being with me in 8ft of water.
                    My wifes is the s1500 on the right wich is a much newer model with many upgrades over the older models.The pic is for comparison of how far bridge camera development has come,some of the newer models can even compete with my DSLRs.

Comment

thanks hurricane, the camera i have ordered is very similar to your wives camera, does the finepix s1500 work ok with rechargeables??
                      many thanks
                      ed

Comment

Yes mate,like MOST digitals that take aa/aaa it actualy works far better and achieves more shots with rechargeables than with even high power throw aways.

Comment

While we are talking cameras,Any of you that have aDSLR and fish alone for a small outlay(under £20.00) you can fit a cordless remote shutter release.
                          Invaluable if that new pb or fish of a lifetime shows up and also a godsend for other occasions like wildlife,close ups and low light photography.
                          wireless 003.jpgwireless 001.jpg
                          These are two different types available.

Comment

thanks mate, appreciate it

Comment

christ, 2900mah in a aa, i remember rc racing with 1400mah sub c cells, took half the skill out when they got to 3kmah and have no idea what theyre up to now with the lipo cells.
                              i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

Working...
                              X