Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

New hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New hobby

We have all had a few problems due to the horendous weather lately,so I have taken up a new hobby.
    It started a few years back with all the junk mail,I decided to play them at thier own game and simply swopped the bumf between envelope(pre paid) and stuffed em back in the post box.
    Even though my number is ex directory and I pay for caller ID, the ammount of unsolicited calls are now at ludicrous proportins,so I have taken to answering them and keeping them on the line as long as possible.
    At the moment I have companies looking into injury,unfair dissmisal,payment protection and unfair banking chages.
    I have a company trying to install cavity wall insulation and another who is sending someone to discuss solar roof panels,forgot to tell them I live in a ground floor flat.
    The latest one was this afternoon when a lady with an Idian accent called Nancy Jones asked me to make a few keystroke on my computer.she seemed confused when I told her what my screen was showing and after a lengthy(50 min) discussion she eventualy hung up.
    So far my PB is a plonker sat outside with loads of paperwork an a look of total amazement on his face.
    I now need to get one inside let him see the real me.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

My grandson loves these calls! he will happily listen to them for as long as they like to hold on.
    I guess the novelty value will wear off when he reaches his second birthday!
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

I like this Thread keep them coming....My hobby has been JUNK MAIL all i do do is post it back with with a house brick in a jiffy bag plus recorded and only put a 1p stamp on it they have to pay the other end about 8 pounds....... you don't get them back..And the same with Letters just put news paper in the envelope

Comment

I wonder how some old maggots might be received in the post....................?

Comment

At the speed of the post office they'll probably be casters when they arrive at the other end.
          I too recycle junk mail by sticking anything into the prepaid envelopes and sending them back, you never know that one day these companies might just get the message.
          Steve
          Up the Villa

Comment

I've got a firm trying to claim pip on loan I've never had!

Comment

i had one the other night "can you spare a few minutes to do a survey", so i said ok can you hang on a minute whilst i go and turn me tea off, went back 10 mins later she was still there, so i said were was we, " i need to ask a few questions" she said - i said no thanks and hung up.

I love em me, will keep em hanging on for ages. 1 hr 10 mins longest so far lol

Comment

I like that one
                Originally posted by tunna View Post
                i had one the other night "can you spare a few minutes to do a survey", so i said ok can you hang on a minute whilst i go and turn me tea off, went back 10 mins later she was still there, so i said were was we, " i need to ask a few questions" she said - i said no thanks and hung up.

I love em me, will keep em hanging on for ages. 1 hr 10 mins longest so far lol

Comment

Great stuff lads,I have been thinking up new games to play with em, next one I"m gonna pretend to be a bit mutton jeff,and see how loud I can make em shout and how many times I can make em repeat themselves.
                  Last edited by hurricane; 8 July 2012, 11:41 AM. Reason: typo
                  Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

It's a bit old but maybe try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvJQxgtJW94

Comment

I was watching the footy a few weeks ago with my mates had two calls trying to flog something or other on the third call. I asked could I speak to the bloke’s supervisor. He said he wasn’t there, I said I do not believe you shout him he said his supervisors name quietly. I said that is not how you shout someone this how you shout someone and screamed his supervisors name down the phone as loud as I could. He said I was a very rude man or words to that effect (I could not hear properly as all my mates were laughing to loud) and hung up.
                      Regarding junk mail one of my mates used to get masses of the stuff compared to everyone else. It turned out a few of the lads were filling in anything they could with his name and address to get stuff sent to him.

Comment

Don't know if this one has been suggested before. It's worked for me on a couple of occaisions.

http://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/counterscript.html
                        I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle tart View Post
                          Don't know if this one has been suggested before. It's worked for me on a couple of occaisions.

http://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/counterscript.html
                          I scrolled down to the bottom after starting to loose the will to live after the first 20 seconds or so, you are as bad as the nuisance calls we're trying to avoid, perhaps you're a call centre worker?
                          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                            I scrolled down to the bottom after starting to loose the will to live after the first 20 seconds or so, you are as bad as the nuisance calls we're trying to avoid, perhaps you're a call centre worker?
                            The whole idea is to make the caller loose the will to live and no I don't work in a call centre. I retired after winning the lottery.
                            I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle tart View Post
                              The whole idea is to make the caller loose the will to live and no I don't work in a call centre. I retired after winning the lottery.
                              Ha ha ha touchy.
                              I thought this thread was light hearted aparently not ha ha ha.
                              I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                              He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Working...
                              X