Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

World cup squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World cup squad

Anybody got any ideas on the squad Woy the owl will take to Brazil? I know it hardly matters seeing as we aren't getting out of the group, but just in case all the teams in our group get struck by lightning, these are the 23 players I would take.

GK
    Hart
    Forster
    Foster

DEF
    Baines
    Cole
    Johnson
    Walker
    Cahill
    Jagielka
    Smalling
    Jones

MID
    Carrick
    Gerrard
    Wilshire
    Lallana
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Sterling
    Townsend
    Henderson, Cleverly, Lampard, Milner or Young

FOR
    Rooney
    Sturridge
    Welbeck
    Lambert or Rodriguez

more or less the same,but would take Ross Barkley(and yes I am biased)Young and cleverly wouldn't get get in my squad
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

And a bit left field but I think Huddlestone would do a job as well
      OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Barkley will have to work hard to get a place I think but he has a shot. Shaw might have an outside chance of getting in the squad as well, I was impressed with him when he came on last night.

Comment

Cleverley wouldn't get get in my squad anytime!

Comment

PMSL Fordy! Woy the owl!! Love it!
            Steve

Comment

I've decided, on balance to award my final midfield spot to Lampard for reasons I am unsure of my self.

Comment

Originally posted by fordysufc View Post
                I've decided, on balance to award my final midfield spot to Lampard for reasons I am unsure of my self.
                Coz, hes still quality
                John

Comment

Originally posted by Simonshaw View Post
                  Cleverley wouldn't get get in my squad anytime!
                  Cleverley wouldnt get into Jimbos reserve squad
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
                    Coz, hes still quality
                    I suppose he's quality by Englands standards, which I probably don't need to remind you, aren't very high.

Comment

Correctamundo fordy....we are at best going to just get out of the group....but only just!

Comment

Know what !

I've looked through fordys squad and can't argue with the vast majority of it but what struck me was this.

If I was German, Brazilian,Spanish, Italian or anyone for that matter, I'd look at that squad and urinate myself thinking is this the best Johnny English has to offer.
                        It really is a pitiful indicement of footy in this country. The quicker we get knocked out the better as it will save the usual thrashing by the Hun in the later rounds.
                        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                          Know what !

I've looked through fordys squad and can't argue with the vast majority of it but what struck me was this.

If I was German, Brazilian,Spanish, Italian or anyone for that matter, I'd look at that squad and urinate myself thinking is this the best Johnny English has to offer.
                          It really is a pitiful indicement of footy in this country. The quicker we get knocked out the better as it will save the usual thrashing by the Hun in the later rounds.
                          Couldn't agree with you more. The problem is we haven't changed anything in order to improve the coaching and how we bring players through. We have world class under 18 teams that can win tournaments but they rarely develop into world class senior players. The FA are too old fashioned, just because it worked in the late 80's and early 90's when England had a top team doesn't mean it will work now, and evidently it doesn't. The fact is that other countries have caught up and surpassed what we do, they have more coaches, the players don't play 11-a-side as early, other countries play futsal, the top leagues have a lot of home grown players, other countries have home grown players playing abroad so they diversify their game. I can't think of one top English player playing abroad which is a problem imo, something has to be done, we have so much potential with the resources we have and the talented youngsters our academies bring through but potential is useless unless you can follow it through which is what the FA don't seem to understand from where i'm sitting.

Comment

The better of our players need foreign imports to hold their hands, They look good in the prem, against lowly Denmark they were dire. We are in for a pounding.
                            Thank god for fishing.
                            PS the FA approach/coaching has never worked.
                            I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                            He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Working...
                            X