Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Info on Driving to Spain !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Driving to Spain !!

H i Fellas
    i need some info
    I am going to Benidorm end of April ,i am thinking of Driving instead of flying
    As i want to take my Own Mixers etc DJ equipment obviously Weight limit on a plane is a Massive Problem !!
    Has anyone on here Driven over to Spain on Holiday recently??
    I know its about 20hr Drive but that aint a problem
    i Want to know any routes that dont involve 100s £££s of Tolls ,been told that they are a bit steep in Southern France
    Any help or Advice would be appreciated Fellas
    Thanks in Advance !!
    Col
    Colin

The cheapest route that avoids most of the tolls would be down the east side of France through Lyon, Andorra, Barcelona and Valencia I would have thought. It would be a lot cheaper to fly though, driving will cost about £300 each way on petrol I would have thought, plus tolls, insurance and wear and tear. The best option might be to get a ferry to Bilbao, Spain and drive from there.

Comment

Originally posted by fordysufc View Post
      The cheapest route that avoids most of the tolls would be down the east side of France through Lyon, Andorra, Barcelona and Valencia I would have thought. It would be a lot cheaper to fly though, driving will cost about £300 each way on petrol I would have thought, plus tolls, insurance and wear and tear. The best option might be to get a ferry to Bilbao, Spain and drive from there.
      Col exactly what Fordy said but ferry prices to Bilbao will make your eyes water but not as much as the French tolls. As you know Me & Ju have taken the caravan to France for the last 2 years for a month at a time & I reckon around £120 just for the tolls getting there & coming back, having said that the driving is a doddle not many jams as the French wont pay tolls so you nearly have the roads to yourself
      John

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
        H i Fellas
        i need some info
        I am going to Benidorm end of April ,i am thinking of Driving instead of flying
        As i want to take my Own Mixers etc DJ equipment obviously Weight limit on a plane is a Massive Problem !!
        Has anyone on here Driven over to Spain on Holiday recently??
        I know its about 20hr Drive but that aint a problem
        i Want to know any routes that dont involve 100s £££s of Tolls ,been told that they are a bit steep in Southern France
        Any help or Advice would be appreciated Fellas
        Thanks in Advance !!
        Col
        Wouldnt bother taking any mixers Col they tell me the carp wont take floaters over there bud!
        HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Originally posted by ABBO62 View Post
          Wouldnt bother taking any mixers Col they tell me the carp wont take floaters over there bud!
          Abbo, love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          John

Comment

Col. Don't forget the driving kit for France it includes a self testing breathalyser lol. Actually I'm serious big fine if pulled over and you haven't got one, along with a triangle.

Comment

Originally posted by Abramis Brama View Post
              Col. Don't forget the driving kit for France it includes a self testing breathalyser lol. Actually I'm serious big fine if pulled over and you haven't got one, along with a triangle.
              And the yellow jackets & have got to be in the cab not the boot
              John

Comment

drove to France a couple of yrs back
                also used to Drive to ITALY courier all ,Tolls were sorted so didnt have to worry about them
                Looked @ Ferry to Santander nearly £600
                Driving Kit i am aware of thanks for reminder !!
                Some wierd Laws about that Seem to carry Instant cash Fines (Bent Coppers) Tips i think
                If using Sat Nav must have Speed Camera warning turned OFF!!
                Think i am going to start Looking @ Flights .
                Sounds as if it might be cheaper to pay for extra luggage for DJ equip !!
                Thanks for your advice Fellas Appreciate it
                Col
                Colin

Comment

also used to Drive to ITALY courier all ,Tolls were sorted so didnt have to worry about them
                  Some wierd Laws about that Seem to carry Instant cash Fines (Bent Coppers) Tips i think
                  Col
                  Col, just a thought couldnt you hire the equipment over there?
                  John

Comment

Might be cheaper to crate up the equipment and have it shipped over and do the same back ?
                    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Col
                      Jeeeeeeesus! 600 quid to Santander,its only in the high street!!
                      HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Clive
                        you are a pillock !!
                        You should get out more mate !!think you have been sat in the House too long ,Get out in the Sunshine !
                        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
                          Col, just a thought couldnt you hire the equipment over there?
                          Kit is a Personal thing John
                          My gear is all Top end !!
                          The stuff you can hire is usualy Worn out ,Falling apart or just Total CRAP.
                          I did Take Bare essentials to Spain last year Split up as Hand Luggage between 4 of us ,
                          I am thinking of Buying some More DJ mixers /Sound cards etc That are easier to Transport ,i could buy some quality Kit for the £800 it is likely to cost in travel costs
                          Thanks for all your Suggestions Fellas
                          My Missus was looking forward to staying in a few different places in France & Spain !!
                          I suppose i will have to take her somewhere else a bit later in the Year .
                          Colin

Comment

Kit is a Personal thing John
                            My gear is all Top end !!
                            The stuff you can hire is usualy Worn out ,Falling apart or just Total CRAP.
                            I did Take Bare essentials to Spain last year Split up as Hand Luggage between 4 of us ,
                            I am thinking of Buying some More DJ mixers /Sound cards etc That are easier to Transport ,i could buy some quality Kit for the £800 it is likely to cost in travel costs
                            Thanks for all your Suggestions Fellas
                            My Missus was looking forward to staying in a few different places in France & Spain !!
                            I suppose i will have to take her somewhere else a bit later in the Year .
                            Where Moorlands? lol
                            John

Comment

Anne dont do Fishing Mate!!
                              1st time we ever went to Florida ,in 96 our Villa was actualy on Moorlands Avenue ,Moorlands Estate Kissimmee
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X