Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

charity skydive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charity skydive

Dear all

This summer I am going to be a volunteer working with the Calabash Trust in a number of primary schools in a rural township outside Port Elizabeth, South Africa. The Calabash Trust was set up in 1999 to alleviate poverty in the township communities of Port Elizabeth by identifying and supporting self-sustaining nutritional, educational and empowering enterprise projects.

Over the past three years students have built a netball court, created 300m2 of vegetable gardens to feed students as well as clearing, irrigating and re-laying a huge sports field. This work can only be done with the buy in of the community. With the help of the Calabash Trust we know that the project and resources that we develop will be needed, suitable and sustainable.

My trip is being organized through the Huckleberry Foundation which brings together the UK volunteers and works with the Calabash Trust in South Africa.

I will be self funding my travel, accommodation and expenses but a requirement of being accepted as a volunteer is that we aim to raise money to support the charities with the work we will be doing in the townships.

In my role as Charity Perfect at school I am organizing several challenges to involve other students but on a personal level on 6th April I am planning to do a 3 mile sponsored tandem skydive. I would be really grateful if you would consider sponsoring me.

This can be done via my online page @

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/jump4change

I hope that you will feel able to support me in my attempts to raise £750 before I leave in july and if you know anyone else who might be interested in supporting my efforts, please feel free to forward this on.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you in anticipation for your support.

If you have any further questions, please contact me:

[email protected]

Thank you again.

Callum

The Huckleberry Group

Calabashtrust Home

Did you have the courtesy to thank members on here who responded to your previous post for help?

Comment

To be totally honest i think more than enough english money goes to help people in other countries when there's people in our own backyard that need just as much help. Everywhere you turn- money, money, money- without really knowing where it goes or what percentage of it actually goes to the actual charity. This is my view and not that of talk angling. I believe charity begins at home.
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I agree
        People all over this Country have just spent 2 months in the Floods
        Instead of us Constantly sending Cash & Aid to other countries
        its about time we looked after our own people
        We aint seen any monies or help coming from anyone to help in our hour of need
        No Euro aid ,
        time for us to Stick 2 Fingers up to the rest of the world
        And Sort our own Country out !!
        Colin

Comment

Have'nt we just donated 50% of nearly 60 million quid through Sports relief?.

Comment

Working...
          X