Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Thanks is a bit weird, got some other ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks is a bit weird, got some other ideas

Hi

The Thanks thing is a bit odd right? so after some feedback on ideas on changes i can hack

So far I have

Agree
    Oh Yes
    Oh Yeah
    Big Up
    High-5
    thumbs up

Any Ideas? Keep it clean, I am not going to change it to give head or anything crazy like that :-)

Tight Lines
    <?]]]}}>{ <?]]]}}>{ <?]]]}}>{

Nice One

Amen

Ditto
    John

Comment

Bostin!

Comment

Thumbs up would be the best of those because it just means you like something. The like feature was often used as a sign of appreciation for jokes and good banter so something like agree wouldn't work in the same way as the original like button did.

Comment

Another thought, we could have a reputation bar similar to the ones used by various other forums.

Comment

Dave
            would have thought Thumbs up is as close to like as you would get.
            Its good to see Someone actualy trying to improve the site
            Keep up the Good work Mate !!
            Thumbs up !!
            Colin

Comment

Dont know what youve got
              but the Mods have not had any help or Support from Admin in the past,hopefuly you will be able to give them some support as well
              Colin

Comment

I agree "thumbs up" seems the best fit

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                  Dont know what youve got
                  but the Mods have not had any help or Support from Admin in the past,hopefuly you will be able to give them some support as well
                  Oneabung trusts him with access to all the software, Sorry to say Col I aint ever been much more than a Minor Minion lol

Thanks or Like is an Americanism, bit like the stars McD award their highly skilled operatives, means nowt but looks good, Bull shine at its best.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo61 View Post
                    I agree "thumbs up" seems the best fit
                    I like this, its thumbs up for me
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
                      Oneabung trusts him with access to all the software, Sorry to say Col I aint ever been much more than a Minor Minion lol

Thanks or Like is an Americanism, bit like the stars McD award their highly skilled operatives, means nowt but looks good, Bull shine at its best.
                      Brian, we have our ups & downs on here but to me & the majority of the members I know, YOU, are the number 1 mod on here & we appreciate your help
                      John

Comment

John thanks for that, as for being number 1 thats only because being retired I have been able to spend a lot of time on the site, and be available at most times of the day. I will say this that If I have an idea that might work I will run it across my old mate Larry Teepot first, then open it up for discussion between the other Moderators, at least we were then singing from the same hymn sheet. You know this may be hard to believe but I have been known to be wrong lol.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

NEVER lol
                          John

Comment

Okay thumbs up it is, will work on the plugin tonight and tomorrow and have the patched version uploaded.

thanks for the input

Tight Lines
                            <?]]]}}>{ <?]]]}}>{ <?]]]}}>{

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
                              Brian, we have our ups & downs on here but to me & the majority of the members I know, YOU, are the number 1 mod on here & we appreciate your help
                              Flippin creep!!!!
                              OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Working...
                              X