Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Newbie!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, my name is Jason Satterly and I live in Lincoln. I have fished on and off for a while now, but this last six months have seen me become addicted!!! I am just gutted that the weather is getting really cold.

I spent the day on the River Trent, Muskham, on Thursday. It was unbelievably windy, wet and very cold. I caught two Barbel and decided to pack up at 1830. Once the gear was packed, I TRIED to start the car, it wouldnt start. I had to call the AA out, he said that it was his worst call out ever. It is worth noting, the Baliff, Nigel, was absolutely superb, he drove from home, late at night and in terrible weather and tried to get the car started for me, then proceeded to go and meet the AA man, to let him know where abouts I was. The AA got the car going, phew!!!

I have really enjoyed fishing the River Trent, in the last couple of months, I have caught a 5lb Bream, 5lb Chub and a 6lb Barbel. I love the fact you do not know what you are going to catch next.

I am thinking about fishing the Collingham stretch when the weather gets better (or is it worth fishing during the winter???) I have read that it is a really good fish. I also wouldnt mind joining a membership, it gets quite expensive paying £5 a shot. Does anyone know where I can join a club around the Trent????

I will stop boring you all and look forward to reading some of the threads

Jason

Welcome to the site Jason , I haven't fished the trent for years. I'm sure one of our members has a pub on the banks somewhere

Comment

Hi Jason welcome on board Polepots right Wheresmefloatgon keeps a pub on the banks of the Trent at Besthorpe the Lord Nelson, plus we have a few members in the Nottingham area who will no doubt put you right about the club waters.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Guys, thanks for the quick replys. I will keep a look out for him, I needed a pint after the night I had!!!!

Comment

His real name is Harry

Comment

Welcome to the forum
            [COLOR="Magenta"][B][FONT="Arial Black"]The Minx[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/GemmaD/Banners/sig2.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
            X