Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

sticking 2&3 pole sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticking 2&3 pole sections

hi folks and fellow anglers
    a mate of mine has a tom cat pole and 2&3 sections are stuck due to fishing last weekend in heavy rain.we have tried pulling apart when dry but with no succsess. has anyone got any sugestions,thanks and
    tight lines

geoff pierce

Two ways both need three pairs of hands, first hold ends of the sections whilst the third person rotates the joints in a circular motion this causes a flexing of the joit and it will then come apart, second method is the same one on each end whilst the third person taps the joints with hand again the joint will pop and come apart, with a top 2/3 you may just get away with 2 people for the tapping method.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

sticking sections

thanks Brian G

will try 3 pairs of hands soon ,hope it works ,keep you posted

thank geoff p

Comment

if water is in the joint the tap method works better as it pushes the water..the rotation is better when joints arew stuck because of paste and groundbait ect
        Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Whiteacres Intermediate Festival Winner 2007

Maver Classic 2007 qualyfier

Browning youthmasters 2007 qualyfier

Comment

thanks Brian G and Danny for your input, regarding sticking tomcat joints.
          but my mate got a bit impatient and had a go himself with help from his
          better half and his mamoth of a son with innevitable results.anyone got a
          spare top 3 for a tom cat, post me if
          thanks again chaps Regards, Geoff Pierce

Comment

sticking

i ken here. the above metheds av worked 4 me in the past a little hint be 4 u start fishing rub pole joints with candle wax it works by 4 now

Comment

welcome to the site geoff , when my poel sectiosn jam i screw and pull and the sectiosn coem apart in 2 seconds
              [COLOR="SeaGreen"]carp fisher!but its a bream![/COLOR]

Comment

by the sounds of it a bit late now.. but you need to hold the sections as close to the joint as u can otherwise the sections jus shear off

Comment

i spray my sections with some plumbers silicone spray.never had a section stick on me,ever.
                  talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

Working...
                  X