Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hello from sunny scarborough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from sunny scarborough

just thought id say a quick hello,im paul from scarborough.
    Does anybody on this site live in s'boro or near it.Im wanting to start up match fishing but dont know where to start,does anybody have any tips or info where the nearest fishing club is.

Hi Corky, Firstly welcome to the site, hope you find it enjoyable. I would have a chat with your local tackle dealer , hes sure to know of some local clubs or matches, where do you fish are there any matches held there.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

I usually fish scarborough mere but its abit quite at the mo,will have to pop in to the tackle shop,ive been told off someone i know that i shudnt fish the top matches and to start off at the bottom is this correct.

Comment

It certainly is, find a small club and join it you will learn a lot quicker, pick the other members brains for info. If you go straight into open matches with little knowledge you will get murdered and you will be paying out more than picking up

Comment

Its always worth starting off at club level and working your way up to the open match scene, By fishing with the same guys you can judge if you are improving, plus theres more of a chance of finding a fishing/travelling partner, some partners will share both cost and winnings and of course information and ideas.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

cheers for the info guys

Comment

hi corky i live in scarborough, the mere is not a very good venue check out my day yesterday, ha ha.Go to G.B.angling and buy a day ticket for throxemby mere its a far better venue the fish are in realy good nick and the surroundings are peaceful and its well looked after.It used to be owned by the local council and it was used for the top brass to encourage other council figures as a perk, us locals couldnt get a look in.check it out you wont be dissapointed. Rich.
              I`D RATHER HAVE A BAD DAYS FISHING THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK!!

Comment

Go to GB Angling and ask for Ian or Pat...they will fill you in on the venues around. Throxenby used to be crap......there is / was a club there but I don't think they fish matches.
                There are other venues especially if you have transport.

Comment

the gent hi i fished throxemby today what a top day i couldnt have asked for a better day,me and my mate caught about 10 good size bream all above 6 pound the biggest being we estimated it to be about 11` pounds. also as a bonus i got a rudd of 2 pound so it was a great day. the gent is right there are no match`s but if its a pleasure days fishing i can recomend you try it out.
                  I`D RATHER HAVE A BAD DAYS FISHING THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK!!

Comment

Working...
                  X