Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Spongebob, Pete Swinson?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spongebob, Pete Swinson?!!

Hey up chaps, I used to be on this site about 12-15 years ago. Lived in Leicester at the time and fished a few matches with Spongebob from Coventry, Pete Swinson from Derby way and 'LeedsLadLee', any of these fellas still around?

Anyway, I'm getting back into fishing after 10yrs out of the game.

Living in Kettering now if anyone's local or can reccimemd any decent waters?!

Jamie444
    Last edited by Jamie_444; 1 week ago.

Hi Jamie guess as you were on matches with Swinno and Spongebob, our paths would have crossed especiallly as I ran many of the matches were you Jamie777?

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Hi Brian. Yes I remember your name but I can't picture your face. I did fish a TA match I'm sure. Is the match calendar still on here? Also the chat room?? I was originally Jamie444, I tried to log back in as that name but it was attached to an old email, so went for the nearest name... Jamie_444

Is Bob and Swinno still around? The site seems very quiet nowadays??

Comment

Swinno has popped in from time to time, Spongebob left the site following several bust ups in shoutbox, which got far to personal. It was taken off line at the time of a site software upgrade, I got it put back but the use was very limited a further site upgrade was its final death knell. The Midlands matches were very much down to Larry Teepot and myself, once we packed in running them no one picked up the Midlands mantle. There is a North, South, and Midlands team match fished annually. Yes the site has been quiet but it seems to be slowly picking up again. Nice to see you back on line.

Comment

Ahh yes I remember the name Larry Teepot! I fished a match at Tofts with the Midlands lads and also a big open match at Mallory, I can't remember if that was anything to do with TA. Shame about the shout box I used to enjoy the banter. Good to see you still involved Brian, I hope the site picks up again, it was a hive of activity 10yrs ago!

Comment

I got a feeling you fished at Tofts in the old Intersite matches, from memory you were pegged on the island on the cafe side I will see if I can find a picture or two from that match. They were the good old days

Comment

Yes Brian that's right, you have a good memory! I would love to see the photos if you could dig them out!! 👍.
              I'm actually planning a day out at Tofts in a cpl of weeks, first time back in years!

Comment

Let us know how you fare at Tofts might manage a day out there myself, especially as I aint wet a line for over 5 years. However just started renewing elastics and rigs so my lad could go out. I liked Tofts but not heard much about it in recent years.

Comment

After having a little search around I think it still fishes really well, nets of 70-80lb not uncommon. I just need to get myself used to fishing again, particularly the pole. Picked myself up a cheapy yesterday so I'll let you know how I get on Brian 👍

Comment

Found these lurking on the site Jamie, sorry about the photobucket watermark not sure if i can remove it. https://www.talkangling.co.uk/forum/...rsite-pictures

Comment

That's definitely Tofts Brian but I'm not in any of them 😁

Comment

Pretty sure you were there maybe a tad camera shy, then not everyone was snapped.

Comment

Oh I was definitely there and definitely snapped.. I remember a photo of me from behind whilst sat on my peg... Are there anymore pics Brian?

Comment

Ok Jamie it might have been another match possibly one I ran on 4th July Now thinking about it Spongebob was on the end peg, let me have a mooch as I saw one of Bob last night hes smoking a fag.

Comment

Is this you Jamie you was next peg to Bob.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X