Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cambridgeshire/Suffolk, back fishing after 5 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambridgeshire/Suffolk, back fishing after 5 years

Decided to get back into fishing after a break of about 5 years.

Used to pleasure fish around once a week, mainly silvers and small carp on a local fishery, never joined a club or fished matches, Played around with float fishing and had a margin pole for a while, but really enjoyed feeder fishing the best.

Have got all my stuff out from the deep dark recesses of the shed, thrown away lots of stuff that had rotted/gone mouldy/gone rusty, (thankfully my feeder rod and my chair are still in tact) and have a day scheduled tomorrow visiting tackle shops to restock. I have a week off work shortly that is now empty following the cancellation of a planned golf trip due to Covid, so thought I'd take the opportunity to see what I can remember.

Need a new reel, some line, feeders and moulds, disgorgers, hooks, bait boxes, lots of bait, possibly another feeder rod and reel, some banksticks and a rod rest, a landing net and an unhooking mat. Have ordered a luggage set online which should be delivered early next week (old one had literally been eaten by something in the shed.....

Will be trying a couple of local tackle shops first, then heading to Angling Direct to get whatever else I still need.

The plan is to get out for a trial run next weekend, and then have a few days on the bank the week after next.

Looking forward to getting back into it.

Good luck, hope you enjoy yourself.

Comment

Enjoy your day out both shopping and fishing, welcome to the site dont be afraid to shout for advice.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X