Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

hi everyone, im fairly new to fishing, probably about a year now. i enjoy carp fishing and general course fishing. I usualy fish in the midlands, mainly bonehill mill. However i am trying out the course lake at cuttle mill this weekend and i was hoping for some advice of how to fish it. Rigs, baits and pegs would be helpful, thanks.

Hi Dan theres some nice roach in Cuttle Mill that often come up in the water and as its pretty mild at the moment they may be worth targeting if the carp are not having it. Always worth having a walk round see whos doing what, you can also bet that the pellet will be a favoured bait.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

thanks Brian, would you just use maggots for the roach, and could you tell me any other good course fisheries in the west midlands please, thanks.

Comment

Dan theres that much choice in the Midlands we are spoiled, one i used fish a fair bit is Pool House Farm near to Cuttlemill, assuming transport is no problem, have a look at Barston Lake, Tunnel Barn Farm, Packington Summers, Earlswood Lakes, Highley Farm Nr to Earlswood all offer something different

Comment

thanks brian, ill have to try them out.

Comment

Try Bonehill Mill just off the A5 at Fazeley, Bonehill Star who posts from time to time would put you right on the place. The Riddings further up the A5 towards Polesworth is again ok

Comment

yeh ive been to bonehill a few times. ive done alrite on ashleys pool but never that great on the bigger one, dales i think its called. any tips on how to fish it?

Comment

Working...
              X