Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hello from Austria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from Austria

Hello everyone!

I found your page on a popular homepage, called MatchAngler (german version of Talk Angling)
    The colleaugues from matchangler told me to post here my question(s) which can´t be answered by them.

So I think I strat with a question about drennan.
    I´m looking for a Drennan IM8 Super feeder 13ft, but I can´t find one in the www.
    Maybe anyone of you know where I can get one (new or used).

Thanks in advance
    typhoon

Welcome to the site, as far as a IMG superfeeder theres one on EBay which might be your only source, says post to uk but as its Ireland he may just post to Austria have a look here
    eBay.co.uk: DRENNAN 13ft IM8 SUPER FEEDER ROD (item 200081546902 end time 25-Feb-07 12:12:13 GMT)

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Welcome onto the site typhoon!

What is the fishing like in Austria?
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Hello Brian G,

thanks a lot for the link, I´ll bid for it. Maybe, anytime I find there a second one.
        Brain G, where can I poste my questions about tackle, feed and i attractant?
        Why I´m asking, I do not know all expressions in english. So before I post it somewhere I ask wehere I can post it.
        I think I will need some time to learn all expressions in english.

Hello Oneabung,

most time I like to catch some breams in the river and sometimes I´ll catch these in a lake.
        In summer every sunday there is a "cup-fishing" in a river. This year I´ll start second time.
        Most used fishing method is the method-feeder-fishing. Pole fishing isn´t very popular in austria. Only near vienna pole fishing gets more popular.
        What is the fishing like in GB?

Comment

pole pole pole and more pole

and oversized rip lipped carp after oversized rip lipped carp

fisheries with to many fish in them and stupid rules..

a few major money matches..

and that about it...

but the rivers arent as popular but the fishing on some rivers aint half bad..
          sensas /total angling

Comment

oh yeah and flz
            sensas /total angling

Comment

Dave can I suggest that if you aint got anything sensible to post then dont bother posting at all.

Comment

Typhoon, For tackle try using the Tackle Section, for baits and addititives use the Match Fishing Talk Section but dont worry too much we can always move it to the best area, without doubt your english is a lot better than my Austrian

Comment

its the truth aint it.
                  sensas /total angling

Comment

nope it aint
                    Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Whiteacres Intermediate Festival Winner 2007

Maver Classic 2007 qualyfier

Browning youthmasters 2007 qualyfier

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
                      pole pole pole and more pole

and oversized rip lipped carp after oversized rip lipped carp

fisheries with to many fish in them and stupid rules..

a few major money matches..

and that about it...

but the rivers arent as popular but the fishing on some rivers aint half bad..
                      I aint caught a carp this year....

If you dont like that type of fishing then dont go!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
                        its the truth aint it.
                        No Dave it may be what you do, it may be what a fair few do, but there is more to angling than catching fish, We are blessed in that we can choose from a diverse range of waters from the commercials that offer great facilities, along with the opportunity to catch a big net of fish, theres some good river fishing that takes skill and experience to understand, theres the canals were a good bag of fish can be anything from several pounds of gudgeon to 100lb of bream with almost every other species besides, theres the natural waters that has of yet have not been filled with carp, oh I forgot about the relief channels and drains that abound in the Fens. I have not even started on the diversity of the surroundings you can be fishing in the wild animals you may encounter, so its not all about catching lip torn fish out of some man made puddle, I am of an age when I can remember that many of the canals and rivers around where I live were nothing but open sewers unable to sustain any life but now provide a days sport. With an increase in your years you will no doubt be able to recognise and appreciate the beauty of a sport that holds no barrier to age, physical stature, or ability. Dave its all there to be enjoyed.

Comment

Yes Dave, you are young and thats not your fault (I feel a song coming on)...

But you have grown up in an era where our sport has changed dramatically and moved to mostly commercial fisheries, experience gained from years fishing small rivers, canals, drains, natural lakes, massive rivers is invaluable and I would urge you to get out and learn about all these other fishing situations as it can only improve you as an angler.... these days there are youngsters who havent a clue about what fishing is really about in getting in touch with nature and enjoying the outdoors.

As a few of you know on here my ambition is to own my own fishery and the one thing it will not be is a "hole in the ground"... it will be a proper fishing experience with plenty of distance between the pegs and plenty of wildlife, trees, reeds etc - fishing needs to get back to what it should be before we end up with an industrial unit with a pond in it and people catching fish 24 hours a day (or perhaps now I have mentioned it Dave will open it)

Typhoon, we fish canals and lakes mostly and I go to Ireland every year fishing for roach and bream, during the summer the big matches are mostly on commercial carp fisheries where people catch massive weights of carp.
                          Simon Young
                          Admin
                          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Hello Dave,

I don´t like this kind of fishing! We have also some popular lakes where toooooo many fishes are inside and if you catch one fish you know and you see that that fish was catched 10 times before! - thats not fishing! thats terrible!
                            That´s the reason why I´m fishing in a river and not on such lakes (this section of the river is 12km - 40.000ft long). If I catch a bream or an other fish besides I know that this fish wasn´t catched before. In this river are so many breames, roach, "noases", barbel, carps, a.s.o so I think you can be sure that you don´t catch a fish a second time.
                            Our "cup-fishings" are on a whole distance of 160.000 ft, splitted in four sections, each section ~40.000ft long. In each section are at most 2 "cup-fishing" per year.

Comment

hallo Freund, Willkommen zum Aufstellungsort

Comment

Working...
                              X