Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Midlands Members

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Mids, Derby.

Just getting back into it after a few years off, primarily a hobby fisherman but well into it. I'll fish anywhere really but main haunts are the Trent & Mersey canal around Weston, The River Trent (similar area), and some of the local day tickets like Rycroft etc.

Comment

• Hi I'm Dave from Boston in Lincolnshire. I'm 41 years old and have recently taken up fishing after quite a long time. Until recently I had only fished rivers with a waggler. I have now bought a pole and started fishing lakes.
      Hope I can pick your brains so I can learn more about this excellent, relaxing sport.

Comment

• Hi new member here... Richard.... Just started and joined baa... Fish the canals around Swindon and stewpony... Also the seven at Arley... Spinning and lures preferable... Chubb and perch so far... On float I got an 8lb carp at halfpenny Green.... I'm desperate to land my first pike... Had a couple on but lost them... Both at the canal turning point on Swindon canal... Cheers.

Comment

• Welcome to T/A Richard look forward to hearing how you get on ,
          Plenty of good advice available
          The man to advise about things with Teeth is Hurricane (Mr Windy) Peter
          He is our Pike / Zander Guru .Don't think there is much he doesn't know
          I also think the area you are fishing is an area that he has 1st hand knowledge
          Colin

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
            Welcome to T/A Richard look forward to hearing how you get on ,
            Plenty of good advice available
            The man to advise about things with Teeth is Hurricane (Mr Windy) Peter
            He is our Pike / Zander Guru .Don't think there is much he doesn't know
            I also think the area you are fishing is an area that he has 1st hand knowledge
            Thanks Colin I'll pick his brains cheers

Comment

• Hi, the name's Chas, I live in the midlands. I mainly fish still waters but I'm looking to get on the rivers next year at some point. still learning so will be asking some questions and hopefully contributing a bit as well.
              cheers, Chas

Comment

• We have a few members who prefer running waters I am sure they will answer your questions. Welcome to the Forum

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

• Alright lads and ladies, names Jake I'm 24 and I'm from Wednesbury.

Haven't been fishing in awhile due to being in a flat, but recently managed to bag me s house with a lovely man cave at the bottom!

Let me know if any of you lads are local, would love to Kickstart the spirit again!

Comment

• Alright all my name is jason im looking to get bk into my match fishing haven't been for 3 years so got to restock my gear

Comment

• Just joined and glad to see it has alot of new regular posts. Im from Essex originally but moved to Rutland 2 years ago. I have fished a few times locally but has ust joined Grantham Angling Association.
                      I also have a little podcast which I will cheekily plug 'Middle Aged Angler Reborn' is available through most podcast providers and it just follows my adventures as I venture back into fishing after a number of years away. Have i got the bug back or not :-)

Comment

• Welcome to the site Joe only too happy for you to plug your podcast, enjoy your time on the site and your re introduction to angling.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X