Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hiya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya

Hey Folks... Greetings from India...Yes, I know its a long way from you guys but then we anglers are a mad brotherhood !!

Just a little info on myself... Am a Banker with an English Bank here in India and besides my wife, the next greatest love in my life is angling (not necessarily in that order )..

Have done some fishing all over India and caught mostly carp with my biggest being a catla that topped the scales at 22.6kgs.. Have also caught rohu upto the 12-15kg mark... Did dome mahseer fishing down at the kaveri river and planning to do some Mahseer fishing at the Himalayas this year..

Am currently targetting Snakehead and common carp.. So far this season, the largest Snakehead, I've got is a 4.8kg speciment.. My biggest common carp tilted the scales at just under 5kgs..

With the advent of the monsoons, the fishing is only going to get better... Do drop me a line if any of you guys are coming down to India.. Will get you hooked up at some good spots..

Tight Lines,
    Gavin

hi gavin and welcome to the site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Yep Gavin a long distance welcome to the site !!!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi Gavin and welcome enjoy the site mate
        A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Welcome mate

Comment

hello mate and did you catch the catla up in the air ?
            nige cooke

Comment

Welcome to TA Gavin

Any pictures of some of these crazy Indian fish

JC
              [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, mates !!

Cookie - did catch a few catlas in the air, mate.. had a little spin to it as well..

Justin - Will post some pics soon.. Or as soon as i figure out how to upload the same LOL.. Trying, trying and maybe someday will succeed... With the monsoons out in earnest here in India, the carp and Snakeheads will be quite active, so expect a few pictures now and then..

Tight Lines,
                Gavin

Comment

Welcome to the site Gavin.
                  If you check out my profile by clicking on here: Talk Angling fishing chat and tackle advice - View Profile: stevelockett , take a look at my album of India pix. Also, check out my blog from this year's visit here: http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/...ian_style.html

Be good to swap tales and places to fish at some point...I've still never caught a rohu, murrel or catla, but have caught a variety of smaller species including a possible World Record and a critically endangered fish outside its known catchment!
                  The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                  Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                  Check out:
                  www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                  log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the welcome.. Did fish in the Kaveri in Dec '06 and Jan '08 with one of its most famous anglers, Owen Bosen.. Both our trips were about 10 days adn we did catch some decent fish.. Caught a fair number of rohus in the 10-12kgs (20-25lbs) range.. I personally caught a few mahseer that would be in the 8-10lbs range but missed on some big guys.. Me mate Owen and the ghillie (guide) were dragged upstream for about 100 yards, in their coracle before the fish straightened out Owen's hook.. Estimated the fish was close to about 100lbs...

Will be trying to make a trip down there end of the year when the water levels are low.. If any of you guys planning on visit India, do let me know..

Tight Lines,
                    Gavin

Comment

Owen probably knows the waters south of Bangalore better than anyone, maybe even better than the ghillies!

Let me know where you are based and I'll try to catch up next time I'm out there...
                      The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                      Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                      Check out:
                      www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                      log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

welcome gavin tight lines
                        work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

Hey Steve,

Have had the privilege to fish with Owen on the Kaveri on two occassions and I agree with you on the fact that there is no one who knows the waters better than him.. A great angler and a good friend and company..

Hi Billy - thanks for the welcome, mate.. Tight Lines

Comment

Working...
                          X