Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hello, oh and help required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justin case
    replied
    Originally posted by MattW View Post
    Hi everyone, i hope its ok to ask this on here.

Ive not been fishing for over 25 years but thought i would like to have a go again. I have only ever been float fishing to thats what i would like to do again. So my questions are:

What kit will i need, eg rod, reel, tackle etc to get me started. any advice on what type of rod/reel?

This will sound like a daft question but i cant even remember how to tie a hook, is there anywhere on the net thats shows the correct way?

Anyone recommend anywhere near Worcester to go fish? Do i just turn up?

Do i now need a license to fish ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies

Welcome to Talk Angling

The best port of call would be your local tackle shop, determine your budget and they will advise you of the best you can get for the money, they will also have all the ancillary items you will need for your days out.

Tying hooks ishouldnt be a problem its just like riding a bike once you get back on it all kinda falls in place, diagrams although they help it really is best to be shown in person, again, your local shop would be able to help there, I have added a diagram at the bottom of this page. you can also used pre tied hooks nowdays they are of superb quality and may suit your requirements.

Fishing in Worcester, well from my travels up that way you are spoilt for choice try this link Angling, Fisheries and Fishing near Worcester Worcestershire | Canals and Rivers failing that lots of the members here are midlands based and Im sure they will fire a few reccomendations over, Docklows is a fantastic complex lots of fish nice surroundings and great facilities,

You will need a fishing licence they can be purchased here Environment Agency - Fishing

Over the last 25 years fishing has changed, its a long time out of the sport, there are a lot of new purpose built fisheries, places that have all the facilities needed for a great day, I think you will be suprised, the fishing is also very good on some of these commercial fisheries.

I hope that helps

JC

Leave a comment:

• Mickangler
    replied
    Hi matt,i am the same as you not fished for 30 odd years,and just started up again,with me i just bought a cheap rod and reel with line, a float ,shot, hooks..you'll need a rod licence and a day ticket for the waters your fishing...just go cheap to start with,i did but now i'm finding i'mn enjoying fishing once more,so i'll start to upgrade as i go along..hth

Leave a comment:

• MattW
    started a topic Hello, oh and help required.

Hello, oh and help required.

Hi everyone, i hope its ok to ask this on here.

Ive not been fishing for over 25 years but thought i would like to have a go again. I have only ever been float fishing to thats what i would like to do again. So my questions are:

What kit will i need, eg rod, reel, tackle etc to get me started. any advice on what type of rod/reel?

This will sound like a daft question but i cant even remember how to tie a hook, is there anywhere on the net thats shows the correct way?

Anyone recommend anywhere near Worcester to go fish? Do i just turn up?

Do i now need a license to fish ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies
Working...
X