Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, just a short post to say hello. i started fishing again this year after a long absence from the water. My 9yo son decided he wanted to fish as well so we joined the PDAS and have spent many a long hour fishing the various waters the PDAS manage. I last fished on the Bridgewater Canal and to fish well managed now is great, we are currently waggler fishing and the boy has taken to it like a duck to water! He often has the bragging rights for day after landing the best fish of the day! He now has an itch to start after the big carp, so I'll have to invest in more kit! Any suggestions on which rod/reel to start him off with as he is using a 10ft float rod at present.
    Helpful site and forums
    regards
    paul

Hi Paul and welcome to the site.
    Nice to hear your lad is keen and I know what you mean about the bragging, as my daughter often reminds me the same.
    If you take a look in the Angling Times there is usually a few cheap/good value rods and reels targeted at carp fishing. The Avanti rod range advertised by the Tackle firm Dragoncarpdirect >>LINK<< would be a good start without breaking the bank.

Neilio.
    The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

Hi Paul, welcome to you and your lad. Great site here with everything you need to know and a helpfull bunch of lads ( and lass's ) !

Comment

Working...
      X