Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Newby from Oz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby from Oz

Hello all, just introducing myself. My names Mic, I live in Western Australia and I'm a mentally keen fisherman! I fish mainly for mulloway, snapper and samsonfish from the shore...which probably means nothing to you guys does it! Anyway I'll be visiting your gorgeous country in the next few weeks and am keen to check out some of the fishing on offer over there. Will be based in Colchester, Essex with a few days in Newquay, Cornwall as well. Have organised a charter from Newquay but not sure what I'll be fishing for to be honest! Know I have a few days coarse fishing lined up around the Colchester area chasing carp, that should be interesting to experience. Got plenty of questions to ask but I'll save them for now, this posts long enough!
    Hope to chat with you's soon, if there's anything you need to know about Oz just ask.
    Mic

Welcome to the site M8ty , hope you enjoy your stay in the UK.

Comment

Hi Mic

Welcome to the site, you'll love it here, warm beer, cold weather and spiders that don't kill you!
      Have a great holiday....Mark
      Can't catch enough.....

Comment

Hi and welcome to the site....
        The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

good day m8 welcome

Comment

If youre having a days charter from newquay i would think you will be targeting Bass,Rays, Maybe some tope,And Mackerel for bait, and Cod or codling same fish except codling dont become cod till they are of a cretain siize .Anyway welcome to this site and have a great time while you are here.

Comment

Thanks guys, its a great site you have here. Checked lots of UK forums out but this one was best by far.
              Warm beer, cold weather...hmmm! Might take a bit of getting used to! The spider part sounds great tho!
              Cheers for the info fishster, helps a lot. Would love a Tope but really anything different than the norm will be great.
              Quick question...does the site automatically resize pics for you, or do you have to do it yourself? Would love to send a pic or three but unsure on how it works.

Comment

Hi ya Mic,hope you enjoy youre stay over here,i think the piccys have to be 100 kb or less,i find the best way to do that is to download the microsoft image resiszer tool for free of course...heres a linky..Resize digital pictures quickly

Comment

Cheers mate, I'll look into that and see how I go!

Comment

Originally posted by mannablue View Post
                    Hope to chat with you's soon, if there's anything you need to know about Oz just ask.
                    Mic
                    When can we do a house swap???? God iam so envious......been trying to talk my wife into living there for a number of years. Been three times (twice to Perth) to your beautiful country, and cant wait to go back. I have been sea fishing over there catching Flatheads (and got stung by one!!!) just off the coastline and also further out catching the bigger stuff....one was a Black Arsed Cod and the other which we used for bait as it was no good for eating (that was bright orange like the cod i had). A friend with us had a Dewey (i know thats not how you spell it but iam sure you correct me) weighing 20lb+ which fed us all for two nights!!

Iam sure you will get all the help you will need on this site!

Danny
                    Last edited by danb; 18 August 2009, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Know exactly what you mean danb, I know how lucky I am and I certainly don't take it for granted! You know what, where I live has the highest british ex-pat population in Australia...where I work, on my shift, british ex-pats outnumber aussies by six to three...and my better half is a lovely Colchester stunner! Plenty of room here mate, I reckon it would be the best move you ever made, the economy is going great, your currency is worth double ours so you'd be rich!...and the fishing is just stupid, its that good!
                      Mentioned that I mainly chase mulloway, for those interested this is a medium size one I scored recently...
                      Attached Files

Comment

That looks very much like a cod is it related to the cod family

Comment

i,ve just looked it up and the answer is no

Comment

I see the resemblance a bit too! But your right, different family. We catch them off the beaches and in rivers, they grow to about 90lbs and are great fun...plenty of headshakes and powerful runs! They're found in Africa as well I believe.

Comment

Can you get elastic heavy enough for them? A tadj stronger than double no. 8 i would think, even with a puller bung!!!
                              Just jealous. Enjoy your stay mate.
                              Last edited by tackle tart; 19 August 2009, 08:26 PM.
                              I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Working...
                              X