Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

i'm new need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm new need help please

hi all, just wanted to check in. I'm very much an angling begginner - i've done 3 sea fishing trips this year in portugal and the UK mainly mackeral and i seem to have the bug. I'm trying to organise a camping/fishing trip this weekend at one of the fisheries. But being new to it all i'm a little confused - i have sumners ponds on my shortlist so far - my ideal weekend would be, a tent pitch on the bank, log fire, bbq, day and night fishing with a few cans....am i asking to much?? did i mention i have no gear/tackle yet??
    also forgot to mention i'm london based and would ideally be looking for somewhere in the sout east, beds/surrey/essex/kent
    Last edited by Dooz; 25 August 2009, 03:06 PM. Reason: forgot to mention

hi mate, you forgot your guitar and singing "home on the range"

Comment

LOL - thanks upinthwater, i can only play the triangle!

Comment

I think you will be lucky to find any sites that allow campfires, based on health and safety reasons. if you do they will probably be less than desireable. There are fisheries that allow night fishing but usually at a cost expect to pay £20+ for a night.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

hi dooz,first you need to get some tackle, and when you have that sorted take a look at farlows lakes in iver just outside slough, they allow night fishing, but i am not sure about the camp fires. I don't know much about the night fishing scene, as i am only into match fishing, but fish on the match lake there on a regular basis and have a chin wag with some of the speci boys from time to time. By all accounts there are some big carp/bream and tench in the big lake. I think it is a cemex water so check out there web site
          all the best
          dave

Comment

Working...
          X