Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hello from Phil, a new member in SW London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Phil, a new member in SW London

Hi all,

Firstly thanks to Brian for sorting out my registration issues

I’m 35 and started fishing on the Norfolk Broads when I was 5 or so. To put it more accurately I started creating interesting puzzles (Maxima birds nests) for my Dad to fix whilst he waited for bites – those were few and far between as a 3BB waggler in the hands of a numpty can make quite a disturbance and quickly kill a swim! I can clearly remember using his 7 foot cane spinning rod as it was the shortest he had, giving me half a chance of coping. Once I got to grips with casting I was terrorising the shoals of roach, rudd and perch. Every fish was a success that brought a huge smile and anything over 1/2lb was a whopper to be talked about for days.

We moved from Norfolk to Surrey and my fishing then concentrated on the Basingstoke Canal at Ash Vale and the numerous stillwaters in the area. It used to be so simple then. I could carry all my kit in a small rucksack and used to strap my rod to the cross bar of my bike. Being a fully fledged tackle tart now I can hardly believe I was so mobile.

One of my fondest memories was a fishing a 24-hour charity match at Ligher Country Park. I didn’t make the top spots but I did catch my first Crucian starting a love affair that is still flourishing today. I recently caught a PB at Marsh Farm, at 3lb 10oz and that fish gave me more pleasure than any other I’ve caught so far. The best thing is that I know it can be beaten and will be back soon to try.

I now live in South West London and would describe myself as a casual angler. I don't get to the water as much as I'd like to but that’s the downside of a hectic life. My preference is to fish small, natural-looking stillwaters but commercials obviously have an attraction. I love margin fishing using a pole and am eagerly awaiting delivery of a new toy (thanks to Lee and Kev at Bag-up.net for sorting out a decent deal).

This year I decided to take my fishing a little more seriously and am concentrating on learning new skills and actually applying them when on the bank. No doubt I'll be asking plenty of questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes,

Phil

Welcome to the site Phil.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Welcome to the site Phil.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

welcome to site phil
        :DFishinG Is GooD,CatchinG Is BetteR:D

Comment

thanks all

Comment

Welcome aboard m8y.........
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
            X