Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cold weather fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold weather fishing

Hia guys ive had a good year fishing so far on the commie.
    I going to try an fish the winter months now the water temperatures dropping
    whats the best approach & baits to use.

Thanks dean 1

For proper carp,corn on the lead is very consistant on many venue's,carp can still be caught on the pole but feed must be very minimal,pellet or corn,and a few can be had very late in the match.
    F1s can be had on pellet's and places like manor farm or larford can take a bit of bait,(relatively)but places like tunnel barn(f1s mainly)light rigs and light feed is the norm.
    where will u be going.?

Comment

Depending on what baits your commie allows you to use I find a few pieces of corn on a shortish air rig around 1.5 inch long with a pva bag of meat fished at features like trees, island and under water features works.

Hope this helps bud.
      The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
      [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

I gonna start by going from 6mm to 4mm on the hook
        what about feeding the swim i av been feeding 4mm should i try 2mm
        thanks dean 1

Comment

Depends on the venue,i use 4mm feed in winter and 4 or 6mm hookers.16 or 14 hook.

Comment

Do you still cup in as it gets colder

Comment

Just dribble small amounts in via a fruit shoot cap cup.

Comment

think they have covered it all.winter is the best time of year for me i know strange but i find the better looking fish ie the roach rud orfe ect seem to not only show more but are of a bigger stamp.Also i feel better catching in winter,you have to work for each one of them(a time when carp become a bonus) little super fine floats that will sink with the fart of a moth andsize 22 24 26 and oh yes 28 hooks some of you know what they look like sure i got some 30s somewhere lol.fordy 1 and adamc covered all the main bits but i find look for the deeper water around this time the fish will stay in the depths its warmer.one final thing good trent stick or very strong cupping kit for ice breaking.sweet lol
                Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Working...
                X