Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all
    Just joined this site and hope to get some help as ive just started up again on the angling scene after 8 yrs off !
    Took golf up (sorry for swearing ! ) not good at it at all so im back drowning maggots !!
    Got a lot of upgrading to do so may have some "older" gear to post on the for sale forums
    such as a AS1 crossdrawer with footplate and pole crook etc
    Also looking for some info on some old rods i have 50s and 60s including a 12' match rod my grandad won in 1962 ish in a big match its made of aluminium ! light as a feather

Also looking for a nice spliced tip stick float rod cos thats my forte i love the rivers !
    looking at a 13' Normark crusader are they any good ?

Look forward to hearing from fellow anglers

Rich

Welcome back rich

What sort of fishing do you do mate as i might have some tackle to sell you to help you get back into it?
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
    [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

Hi Adam
      thanks for the welcome a mate of mine really got me back into it but he is specimen fishing mainly so i bought a rod and baitrunner just to go do a little carping on local water but i really want to get back to the rivers.....trotting a stick at burton joyce...oh joy !
      Really need a good stick rod initially still got my old gear inc a pole Garbolino power maxim but dont wanna look too out of date !!
      Ill consider going back on the match seen as i used to love it and remember fishing the Wards championships at hayfield fina lakes amidst the likes of Dennis White and Andy Kinder.....should have won that one too but thats another story !!
      So im gonna start and do a bit of all round angling initially and settle into a niche that im comfy with !!!
      Any gear you have for sale let me know and ill get straight back to you

Thanks mate
      Rich

Comment

Welcome back to a great sport and a great site hope you catch a few nice fish no birdies though L.O.L

Comment

You have PM mate.
          The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
          [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

welcome back to fishing mate
            work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

Welcome back M8 dont worry about looking out of date , if youve fished against D.W. [ The Faather ] and know how to trot a 6 X 8 down the trent ,that dont go out of date. the rest is just tackle . There.s plenty of tackle tarts about who are right up to date , but would,nt know who john allerton or boris barlow are. i,ll bet the ally rod is an " accles + pollacks " APPOLLO . My dad was the foreman of the fine tubes shop that made them in oldbury ,so we had a few [ wink wink ]. I came third in the junior B.A.A. at " HANBURY WHARF "[ about the same time your g/dad won his rod] using one of my dads appollo,s. TIGHT LINES
              MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

Thanks mate .......might see you on the banks

Comment

welcome back to the only sport mate dyke at newark fishin reasonbly well on stick float maggot and castor
                  nige cooke

Comment

Working...
                  X