Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

new from northwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new from northwest

hi all ,just joined and like the say hello ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hello
    i have been carp fishing for many yrs on and of and now at 42 i have got really bad back problems and carrying all the crap needed for carp fishing is no good for me at all and night fishing is defo a no no ,
    so no im thinking to go back to my routes and do some coarse fishing ,the thing i need to know before i buy some gear is does poles fishing put alot of presure on the back with using a quality pole around 1200grams as its somthing have never done and do fancy having a go or barbel fishing
    regards
    ian

WELCOME M8 Sorry to here your back is affecting your fiishing , as regards long pole fishing with a proper back problem . if you mean by a quality pole lets say £1000 pole at 13m that should be about 900gms , i would think an all day at that with a full on back problem , on a s/box. might be a bit of a bitch . get a thread on the " fishing and tackle advise "section . there,ll be guys on there who will know first hand GOOD LUCK LA!!
    MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

Originally posted by Goff View Post
      WELCOME M8 Sorry to here your back is affecting your fiishing , as regards long pole fishing with a proper back problem . if you mean by a quality pole lets say £1000 pole at 13m that should be about 900gms , i would think an all day at that with a full on back problem , on a s/box. might be a bit of a bitch . get a thread on the " fishing and tackle advise "section . there,ll be guys on there who will know first hand GOOD LUCK LA!!
      cheers mate wlill do mate and thanks

Comment

You can get a good pole about 950 gms far cheaper than £1000, also fishing should be enjoyed so if your back ache's have a walk around for 10 minutes then start again, a korum chair may help.
        The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

Originally posted by jeff View Post
          You can get a good pole about 950 gms far cheaper than £1000, also fishing should be enjoyed so if your back ache's have a walk around for 10 minutes then start again, a korum chair may help.
          i would look to buy a full set up mate second hand ,fancy doing a bit of allround match fishing ,even that mad bagging waggler .not got a clue about any of it but more fun working t all out ,

Comment

me again hope you dont think i was trying to put you off if you can walk it off as jeff suggests go for it .depends if its going to imflame your condition i suppose.[ you need to find a doctor who,s a matchman !!] , as jeff also said you can get a good pole for a lot less than a grand I just used that as an example. as it depends what defines a quality pole . bloke i know just had a SHAKESPEARE S/TEAM POWER 16M. With loads of tops for just over £500. [ fosters] CHEERS
            MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

me again hope you dont think i was trying to put you off if you can walk it off as jeff suggests go for it .depends if its going to imflame your condition i suppose.[ you need to find a doctor who,s a matchman !!] , as jeff also said you can get a good pole for a lot less than a grand I just used that as an example. as it depends what defines a quality pole . bloke i know just had a SHAKESPEARE S/TEAM POWER 16M. With loads of tops for just over £500. [ fosters] CHEERS
              i got 2 prolapsed discs n me back its hard to tell unless i try one also the seating on the box's will or could be an issue ,is there anyone in sthelens or nr to me on here i could meet up and try the seating positon for a few mins please
              Last edited by ian groves; 20 September 2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ian groves View Post
                i got 2 prolapsed discs n me back its hard to tell unless i try one also the seating on the box's will or could be an issue ,is there anyone in sthelens or nr to me on here i could meet up and try the seating positon for a few mins please
                sorry to here that m8 go to your nearest full monty tackle shop with a pole alley and get on a box , try a pole at range and see how you go with shippin/unshipping and as jeff said if a koram/ tfg seat is the answer yuo can give them a try while your there. good luck
                MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

sorry to here that m8 go to your nearest full monty tackle shop with a pole alley and get on a box , try a pole at range and see how you go with shippin/unshipping and as jeff said if a koram/ tfg seat is the answer yuo can give them a try while your there. good luck
                  goff sorry to sound silly but totally new to this side of fishing ,not got a clue about a tackle shop with a pole ally m8 ,anyone help me out here ,is the korum/tfg a normall seat or a box style as i thought the box be better as you can put the pole under your as cant you ??

Comment

what u think of this for a set up and how much would you pay for it
                    FULL MATCH TACKLE,PRESTON.MAVER,MAP,FOX,ABU on eBay (end time 27-Sep-09 11:06:24 BST)

Comment

Ian, a korum chair folds in half, it has a carry strap and the legs are ajustable, you can also get accessories for it, I.E. pole rest, up and overs, umberella bar etc, me and the missus use korum chairs, she has a bad back as well, and she likes the chair better than the box, but she has at least two walk abouts a day when fishing to help her back.

Comment

you got a link of one mate

Comment

Ian this is just for you to see what one looks like.
                          Korum Accessory Chair - Only £79.99 - Castaway-Tackle
                          I bought ours from Fishermans Friend Birmingham for about £60 each or thereabouts.

Comment

thanks for that jeoff ,i see you can get gell filled seats for the box;s and a geat idea,myquestion is do they fit on any box not just preston innovations that make them,
                            also has anyone come up with a back rest that fits onto the box;s ???????????

Comment

I have seen back rests on boxes but can't say if they are comforable because I have never used one, the same applies for the gel seats so can't help you there mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X