Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Slider float fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slider float fishing

Hi everyone
    Im having trouble fishing this metherd,the problem im having is the not clicking against the eyes on my rods,is there a max line to use when putting the not on your line or what is the best breaking strain reel line to use on your reel i dont want to loose the centre out of my rings look forward to some advice

One of the most common causes of this,is trimming the tags on your stop knot too small,i know it sounds wrong but try leaving the tags a little longer,they should then fold when they meet the rings.as for line strength,whatever you would normally use for wag fishing should do the trick.Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

thanks pete ill try that

Comment

As you can imagine, lots of things get debated and talked about over the years on this forum. Try a search for anything you are really interested in, or go through some back pages of the different sections of the forum.

For starters, try reading this thread and attached article: http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/...un_pearce.html

Hope that helps,
        Steve
        The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
        Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
        Check out:
        www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
        log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

when using a slider i use pole elastic to tie the slider knot

Comment

Working...
          X