Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Maver or preston waterproof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maver or preston waterproof

Hia all thinking of buying maver pole jacket an bib n brace or preston dri fish witch is the best

cheers dean 1

100% anything but the Maver gear..

Ive had a pair of the Maver B&B for 8 weeks and theyre totally funked..

Cpmpletely ripped and shredded between the legs, and if you sit on the bank be very careful as a nettle causes a 2 inch rip...!!

Ive just ordered a set of preston,, lets see what theyre like..
    Effort = Reward.

Comment

mustad had mine 4 years and as good as mew

Comment

Protak TR, 100% waterproof and breathable. I am about to replace my Preston gear with it as my Preston Dri-fish 500 leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by dean 1 View Post
          Hia all thinking of buying maver pole jacket an bib n brace or preston dri fish witch is the best

cheers dean 1

Hi Dean,

I'am the proud owner of the Preston 500 dri fish suite and I have the Preston celcius these suite are the best around mate, and you can buy both for the same price as the 1000, suite so you have a summer suite and a winter suite. I sat at Boldings in a gale force wind and rain and the 500 did not let any water in at all I was a dry as a bone at the end of a 6 hr match

They really do get my vote every time top draw mate you wont be dissapointed.
          Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
          ><((((?>
          .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

go for the gortex mate,a bit more expensive but worth it in the long run

Comment

cheers dean 1
              Hi Dean p.m DNW he has a blue suit and seems to think it's the best thing since sliced bread, but not sure which make it his, i have a dryfish 1000 .NOT IMPRESTED

Comment

had both, prefer the celsius one i've got now tho'.

Comment

i agree the maver gear is totally sh*t
                  Come on you Spurs!

Comment

Thanks guys for your replys i was gonna buy the maver wetsuit cos i got all maver gear.
                    But its about keeping warm an dry not looking on the bank. I go with my son so its 2 of everthing i dont mind £200 for 2 suits but gore-tex is out of the question.

Thanks all dean 1

Comment

the daiwa suit deal in fosters is good £100 for jacket and bib and brace had mine nearly a year now been out nearly every other week washed them and still in good condition no rips tears and they are reinforced across the legs and everywhere else they normally wear
                      here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

maver is W**K
                        Preston Is the Best In Price Range Yes Some Times They Leak But 4 like 150 - 200 odd good value for money
                        i have heard at least 7-10 people say there goretex has leaked and thats £500 hmm i know what i got

Comment

Thanks guys for your replys i was gonna buy the maver wetsuit cos i got all maver gear.
                          But its about keeping warm an dry not looking on the bank. I go with my son so its 2 of everthing i dont mind £200 for 2 suits but gore-tex is out of the question.

Thanks all dean 1
                          I got a goretex suit from EBAY .I payed less than 50 quid for it new. Ex RAF so its blue . From what i can see its the same stuff as used by the fishing companies! Well maybe the brand names have a little more around the knees and elbows hey but ive been using mine for a year now and never get wet.. One draw back i found is the RAF one doesnt have a hood!!

Comment

Working...
                          X