Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

the shout box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the shout box

The shout box is not everyones cup of tea. On the whole it gets very busy and can put new members off..........But thats not what Talk Anglings about we are a forum not a chat room please post your questions or what ever in the forum thats where you will get your answers.

absolutely no one forces you to enter the shout box .But please feel free to join in and don't get a complex if you think you are ignored cus the txt goes so quickly not everyone sees it
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Dead right Pete,but when a new member enters,to be ignored(for whatever reason)is one thing but to be replied to with derogatory comments is hardly the way to welcome new members or promote the site,the shout box is there for everyone to see(including guests)i think like all posts on here a little thought as to the content might not go amiss.i personaly find a lot of it amusing,but as ive said its open for anyone to read. Pegards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

It has been always been the first thing people see and for this reason as well as IMO reducing posts on the forum hopefully going to be replaced with the flash chat and not be on the forum page.... hope fully in the not to distant future I have probably been the biggest user of it and will miss it..but hard content is what i want to see where other users can look back and read advice givern.I was there yesterday when one new member came on and i did say hello but it is so hard to tell if people have your sense of humour but i sure am to blame as much as any one

Comment

Hurricane is right a small minority of shoutbox users do tend to shoot from the hip, and some replys are at least not very clever, the problem is what one sees as funny another will see it as an insult, additionally humor is difficult to portray via a keyboard even the use of smillies often dont help, whilst there may be one or two minor gliches with the Flash Chat I think its time that it was the sites chatroom

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

new concept

any one been using new versacast , 100% no chance bollie will tangle plus fill with essence[ i use c.s.l ] it is brilliant . it totally desolves in water , got lots more tips on how we use it , we have been catching above twenty carp each every session from a lake with an average of six fish , cat fish also respond well to it , we have also caught the odd cod using it peo

Comment

Well,i had more answers from a question in the shoutbox than a post i put up so it's not all bad and it doesn't move that fast,not for us 30 somethings anyway,

Comment

i would be happy to find the bloody new thread button on this site it must av been nicked lol
              work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

the shout box is too fast for me
                work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

billy a snail is to fast for you

Comment

a new member came on the other night, t duck he was given a bit of stick by some shoutbox users i know this young lad. he has told me he may not come back on the shoutbox again.

Comment

Maver, Shoutbox had a sudden influx of jokers who were causing all sorts of problems, several were banned within minutes for swearing and aggresive posting, t duck unfortunately enrolled in and around that time, he was asked some questions to ascertain that he was not another one of those jokers before being validated, sadly some of the jokers appeared to be existing members just out to create a problem.
                      However that problem seems to have dissapeared following a few warnings, the actions were necessary following several PM complaints from existing members.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

i havent tried the shout box but having been a new member and only made a couple of posts i have to admit i am tempted to get on it (seeing as i have had no response to my forum post question )

Comment

Yea....join in, get threatened, etc, etc, etc

Comment

tony this post is over 6 months old......

Comment

Working...
                            X