Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

method feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• method feeder

Have been fishing the method, but keep getting the hooklength broken on the wrap round. I've been using the Drennan ready tied method hooklength 8lb 0.22. any suggestions or recommend any strong hooklengths

I have been using the Lasoos for feeder fishing on size 14 to 16 hooks had no trouble with them except that the stop comes off now and again but i just thread another one on try them. I also use a loop to loop connection.

Comment

try korum quickstops tie your own for piece of mind

Comment

Anyone recommend the Guru method feeders? cheers

Comment

Originally posted by poleposition View Post
          Have been fishing the method, but keep getting the hooklength broken on the wrap round. I've been using the Drennan ready tied method hooklength 8lb 0.22. any suggestions or recommend any strong hooklengths
          If you're using elasticated feeders, make sure the elastic in them is set soft enough. Some of mine are re-elasticated with double no.6. It must be able to stretch so as to cushion the hooklength on the take. As for hooklength material, i've never had a problem with Maver Smart Genesis in .20 or .22 diameter with 3" being a prefered length, though sometimes 4" works better. A soft(ish) rod helps as well.
          I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Working...
          X