Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hi from the North East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from the North East

Hi my name is Ian,

I am 41 years old and before leaving these shores I was a very keen angler who just loved his Carp, Tench and Pike fishing. I also used to love a bit of Chub and Barbel stalking in summer.

I have just returned home after 13 years in the Middle East. Fishing out there was good with some awesome fishing for Dorado (Mahi Mahi), Barracuda, Kingfish (Spanish Mackerel), Sailfish, Grouper etc etc but you can't beat freshwater fishing back here in the UK

I haven't got round to getting my licence yet and wetting a few lines but hope to really soon so if there any other anglers up here in the North East (Darlington/Durham area) then please let me know as I would love to get to know the waters around here

I have taken up a bit of saler fly fishing but wish to do it for Pike now I have a 9wt TFO 4 piece rod and Shilton reel. I am not very good but still like to try

Anyway thats me and like I said if you fancy a hanger on around the North East please give me a shout cheers

Ian

Hi Ian, im from Darlington just give me a shout if you want a look out anywhere some local clubs are

YARM ANGLING CLUB AND ASSOCIATION
    thornaby anglers
    Darlington brown trout

i fish a mix of river & commercials
    i started with nothing, and have most of it left:([COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]

Comment

Cheers, will have a look, are there any good pike, chub or barbel stretches around? Not into fly fishing that much (done a bit of saler fly fishing) but would love to try it for some Pike

Comment

the free stretch from the dam down to 1 field before blackwell bridge has some good chub & barbel also a few pike about if your going down its best to fish it weekdays when the kids arnt about
        i started with nothing, and have most of it left:([COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]

Comment

hi ian i hope the fog has lifted on the tyne-------now u can fish welcome
          work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

welcome m8,good luck

Comment

Most of the Tees from Worsall down to the barrage at Stockton hold some cracking pike mate.

GHAM

Comment

Working...
              X