Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 26th last year I rediscovered the Joy of angling at the age of 50 after a gap of just under 30 years. I set myself the task of catching a carp, tench,bream,chub and barbel. I have managed to catch all but the barbel. Boy has angling changed. What the hell was a rig what were boilies? Icouldnt even remember how to tie any knots. Thanks to Matt and Mick on TV, Angling Times and Mail I managed to learn or relearn. I used to fish Middle severn between Bridgnorth and Bewdley in my youth and couldnt wait to get back there but first time i went back (eardinton brook section ) I took a six foot plunge into the Severn and broke 2 ribs. Still carried on fishing though. I have to admit I have found it hard going fishing the rivers (Severn Avon and Teme on BAA waters ) but enjoy it even when i blank. I try to aim to return and try again to see if I can rectify . i fished Uckinghall lake 6 time s and blanked 5 timed before catching 5 carp and 5 bream up to 6 lbs. would welcome any advice at all from others especially concerning catching a Barbel. Have fished with ledger and open feeder with halibut pellets Luncheon meat. change from the maggot i used in my youth.

Welcome back mate and well done i,m not a big river angler more of a stillwater angler.But good luck with the barbel.Read this article on catching barbel might help you there again it might not.
    www.fishing.co.uk/article.php3?id=7
    Last edited by fishster; 28 October 2009, 07:16 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Many thanks Fishter Have printed out the article and will give it a go. being niave i was a bit dismissive about stillwater fishing. after all the fish have got nowhere to go but the lake. well we live and learn. have a warm respect for carp now. what a joy when I hooked my first carp. Have since Had 18 Ib Mirror and 20 ib common the latter caught at Night at about 3 in the Morning. It took me about 20 minutes to land it.

Comment

Well done mate my biggest carp was 20lb i wasnt fishing for carp at the time i caught it on double red maggot size 16 hook 3ft deep i was fishing for roach at the time nice bonus though,I have caught a few barbel around 6lb out of a still water where i used to fish.And anything else you would like to know just pm me or post a thread.

Comment

welcome m8,nice carp

Comment

welcome m8 nice to see like me you couldnt keep away again welcome

richard
            Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

welcome back ---keep it up mate
              work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

Welcome aboard my friend....
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]