Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishing Beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Beginner

Hi everyone

Well, i've been a Fishmonger for the past 2 years now and I love the job. My boss just recently mentioned I should take up fishing and perhaps go out with him to fish one day soon.
    The thing is, i've never been fishing before, but im very keen to give it a go. I used to go out with my dad when I was younger to watch him compete with friends but that was the closest I got.
    Now, as a beginner, I don't really know anything about rods or tackle, so the question is; where do I start?

Advice would be greatly appreciated here.

Thanks.

Hi Fish Boi, welcome to the site, you are starting at the right point thats going out with somone who already fishes, he will most probably loan you the tackle you need, for your first outing and get you started
    The minimum tackle you need to get started is a whip or pole, a landing net, a couple of rigs, odds and ends like spare hooks, disgorger, plummet and something to sit on plus bait, you will also need a licence from the post office.
    Best of luck when you get to go, dont forget to come back on here and tell us how it went.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Fish Boi,
      I see you are a fishmonger. When you catch your first fish, please resist the temptation to slap it on the slab and chop it head off.

Comment

Working...
      X