Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hello from New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from New Member

Hi just wanted to say hello to everyone.
    I used to fish a lot but have not fished for about 20 years really. Just bits and bobs. However I'm back a looking forward to it.
    I stopped just as the Pole became really popular and this side of fishing is very new to me. I have been looking through a few mags and there is so much stuff.
    I need to buy some more equipment and I'm after a place to get general advise on what to buy as I'm a little confused at what is best.
    I'm a course fisherman and will be float, pole and legering.

Any help will be grateful.

hi cleck.... where are you from
    Mel

if things dont alter soon they will stay as they are.:confused:

Comment

Welcome back to the world of angling, your exile was a bit longer than mine i only managed 18 years, you will of course noticed many changes, but you can get back into it fairly easily by using a pole in fact many of us rarely use anything else, and poles have never been better value for money than now, and with plenty of choice, as a guide you will not fish 16 metres very often but 12 to 13 metre is fairly common, so that should be your minimum length for a pole it then comes down to budget as to how long or even how good, a good starting point is to get to your nearest tackle dealer and see if they can put a few up for that way you will see how stiff and balanced they are, equally find out what the spares package is with them, having done that you will no doubt have a good few more questions and you have come to the right place to get them answered

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        I'm from Blackburn, Lancashire.
        I do have a Pole but that's all.

Comment

Hi cleck welcome back

Comment

hi cleck iam new but theres a lot of good advise i ve recieved from members

Comment

Ive been looking at Pole equipment as it is all very new to me and I've got loads of questions. Is there a good website I can visit and read up on the subject or a good book.
              What does 4x10, 4x12,4x14 mean on the sides of the floats.

Comment

hello cleck...... you are already on the best site mate. as for the numbers you are on about they are for style wheights [you would use small shots]. but pole floats are maked for styles any other info just ask

Comment

Excellent. Thanks very much.

Comment

i have to agree with Aka probably the best site on the webb even carlsberg ask us stuff........ welcome
                    In darkness we do what we can
                    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

See if this helps you cleck!http://moopoo.net/calculator/:)
                      John - Kingfisher
                      Talk Angling Senior Member
                      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Is there a list anywhere that shows which pole float to use for which conditions and for which fish?

Comment

Working...
                        X