Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Ay Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ay Up!

ello folks.

I've been living on the Isle Of Wight for the past couple of years and been doing a bit of sea fishing. I'm moving back up home at the end of the month so I've been swapping all of my gear for coarse stuff. So far I've managed to get myself 2 ESP Paragon carp rods, shimano 8000gte b Baitrunner Reels, Fox Micro MX bite alarms, Fox Mk2 swingers and I've still got a few bits from years ago when I did a bit of coarse fishing when I was younger! I'll be on the look out for a more bits and pieces once I'm settled in, but I've got enough for now to get back into it!

I'l be living around the River Soar near mountsorrel, barrow-upon-soar, quorn area so I'll hopefully get myself a book for the river. I hear that Bennets in mountsorrel is the place to go so I'll be popping in as soon as I get a spare hour or 2.

Any pointers on the Soar would be good, and maybe a lake or two around there, I fished Wymeswold lake a couple of times but it's probably changed a bit since then.

Looking forward to getting back into it Site looks great, looking forward to getting involved

Thanks
    Paul

Welcome to the site mate.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

hi paul

welcome to the site nice to see another leicester lad on the site!not fished the soar for about 10yrs around your area but there are plenty of lads who fish the rivers on here so shout away all the best!

Comment

hi paul,hope you've bought some thermals,it's not as warm up there as the isle of wight,you know!! lol
        all the best,ask away if you have any questions. have you ever fished rookley on the iow? i was there for a week in the summer,nice place.
        all the best
        paul.
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

WELCOME MATE, YOU'VE CAME TO A GOOD SITE. match,pleasure fishing.
          [URL="http://www.steve-hawk.blogspot.com"]http://www.steve-hawk.blogspot.com[/URL]

Comment

Hi Paul

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy the Banter and good advice.

Comment

Hi Paul ,
              A warm welcome to you , im new to the site myself , never come across a fishing site so friendly and funny , with good advice , you should like me look forward to it every time you log on .

All The Best
              Gary S

Comment

welcome m8,good luck,tight lines.

Comment

Hi everyone. Thanks for the warm welcomes

Originally posted by paul k View Post
                  hi paul,hope you've bought some thermals,it's not as warm up there as the isle of wight,you know!! lol
                  all the best,ask away if you have any questions. have you ever fished rookley on the iow? i was there for a week in the summer,nice place.
                  all the best
                  paul.
                  Hi Paul, I've never fished Rookley. I did some coarse fishing a few yaers ago when I lived in Nottingham where I grew up. Since moving to the Island I've only done sea fishing down here. Looking forward to get back into the lakes though, and having a good crack at the river soar.

Thanks aain,
                  Pauli

Comment

Working...
                  X