Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hello all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

Hi all,
    Just to say thanks for allowing me to become a member of you site. Steve Gray from all things piscatorial. com, is posting our website coaching news on this forum, so I followed the link and found to my surprise that a lot of members here are local to me in Birmingham. For this reason I thought it good to come along and get the latest information in the area.
    A little about me!
    I am a fulltime angling coach working around the West Midlands promoting the benefits of fishing to none fishing people and then introducing them to fishing. Through fully structured courses.
    Way back in 2003, after qualifying I opened my own angling school, based in Solihull called (believe it or not) Ian (the fish) Boden's angling school. Which to date has introduced over 2000 people of all ages to our great pastime. Late last year I took up the position of West Midlands senior coach for the National Federation of Anglers.
    My pedigree goes back to the age of 4, fishing with my father on the grand union canal in knowle, then onto local park pools. I won my first social club match at the tender age of 18 and went on to run the same fishing club for some years (Small Heath Amateur Gardeners), until moving out of the area to work. Now in my spare time I can be found fishing open matches at venues around the Midlands. This year I have signed up to fish for Maver Solihull. The latest team to be sponsored by Maver.
    Great site and thanks again Ian (the fish) Boden
    [COLOR="Blue"]www.ianbodenanglingschool.com[/COLOR]

Hi Ian. Welcome to TA! You're right dozens of TA contributors are based in the Midlands! Next friendly get together for a match will be at Bonehill Mill on Thursday 31 May. You'd be welcomed and would meet some of the retrobates! Personally I'll be on an aeroplane!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

hello Ian welcome to talk angling cant belive you did not know about probably the best site on the web but dont worry if you want any advice just askand we wont tell any one .....well to many,,,,,oh we or some of us are expert at taking the Pee as well . lmao ..............hope you enjoy us

Pete Taylor
      Last edited by Larry Teepot; 15 May 2007, 04:00 PM.
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys,
        Sorry i can not make the Bonehill match, as i am running coaching events at Blythe fishery on the same day. Can you say hello to Neil for me?
        larry the offer of advise is something that i may take you up on, just because i teach people to fish does not mean that i can not learn more about fishing myself. Every day is a different day and if the fish do not play ball then we all need help and advise.
        [COLOR="Blue"]www.ianbodenanglingschool.com[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
        X