Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

good morning, have a quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good morning, have a quick question

i`ve only ever rod and reel fished before, have recently acquired a 4 metre pole, the only thing is it cant have elastic running thru it, it just has an eye on the tip. i bought a load of pole rigs off ebay, they have elastic attached to them, am i better to attach the elastic to the ring or remove elastic and tie the line directly to the ring? hope that makes sense! any advice greatly appreciated

Sounds like you have purchased a 4 metre whip that is intended for catching small fish by fishing to hand with the rig length being almost as long as the whip, the rig on a whip is normally attached via stonfo type fitting that is glued on in-place of the ring your local tackle dealer should be able to sort one out, alternatively you could run some elastic through one or two sections and treat it as a very short pole, I would suspect that the elastics on the rigs you have purchased are only to retain the rig on the winder.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

thanks for the advice brian

Comment

Working...
      X