Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

Just started fishing again after a few years out,I come from manchester and besides fishing i like football and speedway. I bought a new feeder rod yesterday it as an extension piece but unfortunately its stuck anyone know how to free it?

hello and welcome to the forums shame about the extension peice....when mine got stuck i used spray lubricant on mine and it worked try it

Comment

You need two people ,each holding the opposite end of the rod ..one pull one way the other pull the opposite way and gently twist in the opposite direction at the same time ...I said GENTLY twist ...try it mate .

Comment

let us know when you have sorted it out because the old saying 'if it goes in it should come back out'

Comment

tried 3 in 1 oil no good will try WD40.

Comment

Tap the overlap at the same time as following Robbydrums advice!!
            John - Kingfisher
            Talk Angling Senior Member
            Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Do NOT use oils or WD 40!!!!! they can cause an extra vacum and make it worse ...use the method I have explained to you mate

Comment

it never effected mine when i used something similar called GT85 dont use WD40 if it going to knacker you rod mate

thanks roddy for info and ill bear that in mind for the future mate

Comment

tried everything no good will have to use it at 13 feet.

Comment

just sit further back

Comment

welcome to the site brad
                      [COLOR="SeaGreen"]carp fisher!but its a bream![/COLOR]

Comment

try warming the outer part of your rod thats if it is a sleeve hot water poured onto a cloth and wrap round joint leave a couple of mins then try to seperate

Comment

Working...
                        X