Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Newbie....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie....

Hi everyone, you all sound like a freindly bunch so I thought I'd sign up and glean a few tips from you all
    I run a small fishing club in the Nottingham Area (no waters) it all started off as just a bit of a day out through work but we have been running as a club now for the last 3 1/2 years, we have 10 matches a year and it is stipulated that 2 must be on rivers and we also have 1 night match for a bit of fun.
    My PB's:

Match Weight 231lb 4oz (6 hrs @ Boddington Res)

Mirror Carp 18lb (River Trent)
    Common Carp 16lb (Higham Farm)
    Tench 8lb 1oz (Private Notts)
    Chub 6lb 1 oz (River Trent)
    Barbel 5lb ish (River Trent)
    Bream 8lb ish (Private Notts)
    Roach 2lb 4 oz (Private Notts)
    Perch 3lb 2 oz (River Trent)
    Crucian Carp 3lb + (Higham Farm)
    Pike 18lb (South Muskham)

Hi IJB,
    You'll have your work cut out organising 10 matches! There's a mixture of members on this site but always sound advice/discussionon all fishing matters.ENJOY!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Welcome to the site IJG.. nice to see another match organiser on the site.

Please let your club members know about the site then when we have some matches in your area we can all meet up. Also it would be much appreciated if you post your match results onto the site in case others are fishing the same venue in the future.

Hope you enjoy the site.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Thanks Oneabung...

Ive posted a link to this site on our website
        Blankers AC
        Its just a small site for a small club. I will start posting results as requested, indeed we have just had our night match ( in aid of NSPCC) results going on shortly.
        Last edited by IJG; 2 July 2007, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X