Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

I'm New And I Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm New And I Need Help

Hello all,
    As you can probably tell i'm a new member with alot of things to ask, and as they say you don't ask you don't get. So let me start i'm an experienced angler who fishes as much as i can. I was wondering apart from the loop to loop method how do you tie a hooklengh to your main line? Any diagram's would be a great help. And any questions to ask me just fire them off and i'll do my best.

The loop to loop is the best way for strength.

On pole rigs I put the two pieces of line parallel to each other then make a loop - then pass the hook and the end of the line on the hook side through the loop twice and wet and pull tight.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

surely thats a two turn water knot as i know it simon. used to use this but go straight through on carp rigs and loop to loop on silvers
      the carrot bites back:D
      ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Thanks guys, i've heard of that knot before i'll try and tie it next time i'm doing my pole rigs. To be honest i wanted a knot that seemed a little neater than the loop to loop, even though i've used it for many years without any problems. THANKS AGAIN

Comment

The two turn water knot it is then!

Yes it is nice and neat and I use it on my pole rigs for roaching for that exact reason. I tend to use the loop to loop for carping or straight through.
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
          X