Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hi there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi there

hi , my nme is pagey and ive been fishing for about a year and a half and i have just recently started taking carp fishing properly before i was quite happy 2 go on a canal with a float rod with maggots or corn and pick up little skimmers , perch or the odd roach and recently ive been ledgering for carp , i dont no why i didnt do this at the start its so much funner , my 1st carp was was 6lb and shortly after that i had a crap of just over 7.5lb and now im going to a reseviour called boddington ,my uncle and 3 over friends fished there the other week and pulled out 78 carp but wont tell me what tactics 2 use , i was wondering if any 1 has any local knowledge or can give me some tips 2 fish this water becasue im very competitive and would love 2 catch more carp than my uncle and his friends ,

thanks very much

pagey

most people fish boddies on the bagging waggler but paste works well on the pole or the method feeder but you really need to fill it in

Comment

think if you fish a conker method that a good way to fish for carp, a conker method is a hair rig a pellet and put past round it that way you got two chances of catching. you can use a feeder with this method or bomb if use the bomb then feed pellets over the top, that's up to you i think on a open water this works very well but that dos not mean that it would not work on a smaller lake always cast in the same place. you do not need to go out far just as fear as you can get your feed out.... give it a go.....

Comment

i have never used a method feeder before in my life i went into the tackle shop and bought some , the owner recommend a specfic sensa groundbait 2 use with it but what sort of pellets sud i use

Comment

Originally posted by andy taylor
          most people fish boddies on the bagging waggler but paste works well on the pole or the method feeder but you really need to fill it in

wt do u mean fill it in???

Comment

on your hair rig tie a pellet band on it to put the pellet on, you can use 4mm 6mm 8mm pellet they have got to be hard. because the past will stay on better then if it was a soft pellet. as with your feeder fishing he as given you a ground bait which is sensa that OK, you can use any pellet with that if it a light ground bait try using a dark pellet. it will stand out more that may work but if not just try any pellet at beginning, tell you start catching then stay with that pellet on the hook if you are catching lot. carp can be very fussy as you know i am not much of a feeder man i am a pole man but all the best hope this can help you.

Comment

Andy Taylorsays "fill it in!!" He means if on the pole line big balls at the outset if that's allowed and keep feeding!! There are lots and lots of large carp at boddington and they fight like hell in the deeper water.. I don't think there are restrictions at Boddington. With the method feeder clip up on the distance you intend to fish and keep recasting even if at first you don't get bites - when they arrive you'll be recasting anyway!! Can be an awesome venue! Bet you lose a few!!
              John - Kingfisher
              Talk Angling Senior Member
              Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

cheers king fisher my uncle and his 3 mates had 78 carp but he said he proabably lost about half as much as he caught so in all it wasnt a bad day

Comment

well im off 2moz and i think i mite use use a method feeder with pellets in it

Comment

See Pagey 1 your Uncle filled it in!!
                    John - Kingfisher
                    Talk Angling Senior Member
                    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Working...
                    X