Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hello anyone & everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello anyone & everyone

Hello all,
    Now for a quick history !
    Live in North Notts area (between Newark, Retford & Worksop)
    I started fishing again about 8-9 years ago, hadn't done any since leaving school & Im now 43.
    Bought tackle box & rod for my lad as birthday pressy around 1998 ish, started to show him what to do & found myself hogging the rod !.... "yeah just a minute son you can have a go in a sec".
    Ended up spending £100 on some 2nd hand gear at local market & spent the next couple of years pleasure/waggler fishing. Then joined a local club who had rights to a stretch of the Trent, loved that even though I didn't catch a lot, then joined the local Working Mens Club angling club who tended to fish more lakes. After a year fishing with them I knew I would need to invest in a pole so took the extravagant step of buying a £150 12.5m pole with 3 tops, wobbled like it was made of rubber over 11m but it was a start.
    Even though I was still treating matches as 'pleasure fishing' with friends I decide to up the ante 3 years ago & splashed out on a new Daiwa Matchwinner 811 (£200 off a friend). Got on ok with it although never fished it at 16m, but I did move up the table from finishing in the bottom 2 or 3 to usually mid table & ocassionally making a 2nd or 3rd place, which delighted me !
    Love fishing, don't go as often as I'd like (like everyone else) but found that commiting to a match means I'm very unlikely not to go, unlike pleasure fishing where DIY etc might mean I don't go.
    Won't be doing much for a week or two anyway cos I bust my no5 & a top 3 in a match on Sunday (on a snag not a fish !)........ decided to buy something new instead of repairing though, so an exiting week ahead.....

Ian

P.s. is that a record for the longest intro

Welcome to the site Ian

It's ggod to see someone clearly loving his fishing!
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

welcome to the site ian

Comment

Best intro. yet Ian! Not too far for you to join in any Midland get togethers!! Welcome mate!
        John - Kingfisher
        Talk Angling Senior Member
        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Working...
        X