Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

how do i catch the big ones??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i catch the big ones??????

hi evry1, this is my first time on here and just thought i would say hi. i also hav a problem that i hope sum1 can help me with. 4 the past couple of months i have been fishing the traditional lake at suffolk water park. i fish 2 rods, 1 with a method feeder and 1 with a shotgun feeder filled with pellets and hemp. i hav used boilies, meat, corn, pellets and worms as hookbait with varying degrees of success. i hav had tench to 9lb, bream to7lb and carp to 8lb 4oz. not too bad u may think but the problem is i know the lake holds carp to around 18lb but whatever i try i can't catch them. i would like to move on to the specimen lake which has carp over 40lb but considering its a lot bigger and as people have told me a lot harder than the traditional lake i dont see the point until i can catch the bigger carp i am already targeting. sumbody please help me! i feel stuck between a rock and a hard place and its driving me crazy. any helpful suggestions would be gratefully recieved. thankyou!

try spodding

or p.v.a bags

and if you use boiles chop them down or cut them in half n putthem back to back

i dont use feeders tbh mate so idont know much about them butthe rig i have loads of carp of is

40cm of stonez rig tube with a fox pear inline lead and i put shrink tube over the tail rubber and the shrink tube and shrink it so they are together

and i use a size 6 korda wide gape on a 12lb carp dacron hooklenght of about 6 inchs and i bag loads of carp and i have that on 2 rods

may i suggest a different flavour and colour boile or pop up?

sorry idont knwo too much about the venue but that rig always helps me catch were ever i go with a big pre drilled hallibut pellet onthe hair
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]carp fisher!but its a bream![/COLOR]

Comment

thanx 4 the suggestions. i will be sure to try it next time. i often use 10mm scopex boilies sometimes wrapped in strawberry paste if i'm strugling for bites. wot other flavour boilies would u suggest? also i add small fishmeal pellets, small halibut pellets, strawberry and scopex corn, hemp, crushed and whole boilies to my method mix. do u think i'm adding 2 much loosefeed?

Comment

Have you tried fishing in the margins or looking for underwater features... these areas often hold the bigger fish you are looking for.
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

yeah i hav tried the margins but the problem is cars scaring the fish. the access road for anglers cars is very close to the lake and i hav noticed fish leaving the margins in a hurry wen cars go past. if i can find a quiet corner i agree the margins r definitely worth a go. as 4 underwater features i dont know where they r cos i just cant get the hang of using a marker float. any help please? thanks!

Comment

It seems like the problem is on your re-cast your not hitting the place you was before, Targeting big carp will be alot harder but casting in the same spot is just as important as your setup. Do spodding as lee suggested.
            Bigger carp up to 40lb like you said dont come around as often so waiting time is up alot more, try leaving your hookbait out alot longer and spod more often so bait your area up more to attract them. Also use bigger baits, smaller fish will take the small ones and big baits... well bigger fish.
            [B][I][COLOR="Red"]There is no point trying if your afraid of losing[/COLOR][/I][/b]

Comment

i hear wot ur saying about the casting but thats not the problem as i always cast to the same spot. as for bigger baits, wot would u suggest apart from bigger boilies? also take a look at my reply 2 lee. do u think i'm adding too much? if so, wot should i leave out or reduce? thanks for the help mate!

Comment

Originally posted by MatchGaz
                It seems like the problem is on your re-cast your not hitting the place you was before,

as gary suggested hittignthe palce before is important i normaly over cast at first line clip up then wind in 5 times so there is enough line for a run

and i use 15mm baits i tend to find smaller boiles catch the rouge carp

but your best off to get a marker out in your choosen area

spod to that
                then cast your rod to the marker

i was fishign at barston lake with that but i was in the margin about 30 foot out and i had 4 carp in 20 mins so also try marginal fishign aswell

i have a few more techniques to catch bigger carp if these do not work for you

Comment

Originally posted by fosta
                  thanx 4 the suggestions. i will be sure to try it next time. i often use 10mm scopex boilies sometimes wrapped in strawberry paste if i'm strugling for bites. wot other flavour boilies would u suggest? also i add small fishmeal pellets, small halibut pellets, strawberry and scopex corn, hemp, crushed and whole boilies to my method mix. do u think i'm adding 2 much loosefeed?

and no that is not to much i tend to feed quite a bit of bait out but i dont feed out as regular i bait a swim up before i set my rods out

and i then bait up my area before i go to sleep on the night butif i dotn have a fish i tend to put a bit more flavoured bait out like halibut pellets

have you tried popup boiles because you could be fishing in weed?
                  have a look at the nash airball pop up range they are soft and you get quite a few in the tub

but try a range of baits , tutti fruti works well all over aswell as the big hallibut pellets

give it a go mate and let me knwo what happens

Comment

lee1001 dont know what he is ona bout lol onli jokin lee
                    id suggest maple boilies i dont think any fish can resist or a big cube of meat or a big halibut pellet shud do the trick do you day fish or night fish the place?

Comment

try wacking out a marker float + find some under water features. find different depths for types of conditions

Comment

if it's a silty lake try a snowman rig because i find that the fish don't always like digging into the silt. i use a dark colour boilie and a bright pop-up

Comment

Working...
                        X